Principal Software Engineer (Rendering)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
As a Software Engineer on Rendering, you'll be working in Respawn's proprietary engine, propelling it into the future of Next-Generation consoles, for Apex and beyond. As a key member of our growing graphics team, you'll be trusted to scope, design, and implement rendering features, having control and building mastery over the rendering engine, the pipeline and the tools. You'll be working with artists and game designers to empower them to achieve their goals, and you'll have opportunities to adapt, introduce, and optimize new graphics technologies to give our players the best possible experience.
- Write C/C++ code, with a deep mid to senior level Graphics knowledge.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and animators to design systems and make something great.
- Fix tricky bugs.
- Proactively identify and deal with issues before they blow up.
- Ability to contribute to and improve all aspects of a game.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Extraordinary C/C++ skills.
- Interest in all parts of the code base, and making really solid Graphics.
- Console programming experience on a AAA game.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
- Experience with large code bases and ability to work on code that you didn't write.
- Experience optimizing code and data to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
- Minimum four years professional experience as an engineer on a game team.
Nice to Have
- CS degree preferred.
- Computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree.
- Strong game design experience.
- Passion for games.
If all this excites you, then we want to talk to you. Don't let doubt deter you! We are an equal opportunity team excited about our next journey. Please submit your resume to apply. We will get back to you once we have a chance to review.