Principal Technical Product Manager - Riot Data, Data Platform
Technical Product Managers bring knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to apply that to building products that resonate with customers. As a Principal Technical Product Manager, you'll collaborate with engineers and data scientists across Riot to build data products that are foundational to our high-value analytics, research, and unique player experiences.
As a member of the Data Organization, you will transform how we manage, process, and access our data. We are looking to become more scalable, highly automated, and able to produce higher quality data so that we create kick-ass data-driven player experiences.
As the Principal Technical Product Manager for the group, you'll own all aspects of our product strategy. You will work with team leads within the group and your counterparts in other pillars to make sure our product development aligns with Riot's goals. You will report directly to the Head of Data Platform and Services.
- Help set product strategy, vision and roadmap for your organization, initiate and debate strategic topics and opportunities from your team’s work, and drive bold high-impact decisions.
- Collaborate with members of the senior stakeholders, insights, data experiences and game teams to deliver new capabilities.
- Identify and lead goals that increase our data to value ratio, e.g. reduce the time to onboard new producers and consumers of data.
- Ensure all the teams within the group are aligned with that product vision.
- Provide leadership and coaching to other product leads within the group.
- Participate in interviewing and act as an essential member for hiring decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience with technical knowledge
- 8+ years of technical product management
- 3+ years experience as product lead for large scoped products/teams
- Proven track record of creating successful technical products and identify potential product pitfalls that would hinder success (be it in design, experience, or behavioral outcomes)
- Deep experience with building data products, including batch and online Machine Learning inference products
- Experience operating ML products in a live product environment
- Experience isolating Goals that support the product vision and promoting and building strategies that improve the desired Goals (and overall product success)
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience gathering and detailing product feature requirements that engineering leaders can effectively
- Experience building and maintaining development coalitions to further product adoption and integration
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.