Principal Technical Program Manager
Twitch is the world's biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It is where thousands of communities come together for whatever, every day.
We're about community, inside and out. You'll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We're on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we're up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, and discover the projects we're solving on our Blog. Be sure to explore our Interviewing Guide and Instagram channel to learn how to ace our interview process.
About the Role
The Video Platform team is building the future of interactive video to serve both Twitch.tv and the AWS community through our recently launched AWS offering, the Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS). With trillions of minutes of video being delivered every year on our platform, we need a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to manage the delivery of our services.
As a Principal Technical Program Manager, you will ensure the teams are delivering the highest quality products and services predictably while meeting the technical needs of our community. You will guide both strategy and tactical decision-making to deliver complex cross-team programs. As well as partner with program managers to help support the strategic deliverables while working with engineering to support important technical efforts. You will report to a Director of Technical Program Management.
This is an opportunity to work within Twitch and AWS to help define the next generation of video platforms. You will bring deep technical, program management, and leadership expertise. You will have a desire to find and implement improvements, and a desire to improve product shipment efficiencies.
You can sit remote or out of San Francisco, Seattle, or Salt Lake City.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as engineering, product, marketing, security, and legal
- Manage complex cross-team programs from ideation to implementation to delivery
- Create transparency and predictability with roadmaps, planning, and partner management
- Ensure goals are met on time and hitting our quality bar
- Manage delivery schedules and emergent tasks while mitigating risks, managing tradeoffs, and eliminating blockers
- Set and embody the team culture and standards consistent with Twitch and Amazon principles
- Drive alignment with AWS and Twitch business and technical leadership
- 8+ years of project management or technical program management experience
- A history of shipping quality products at scale, in the video streaming space or using distributed cloud technologies
- Ability to align roadmaps and manage disparate tasks with varying priorities
- Experience managing multiple executive sponsors, stakeholders, and dependencies
- Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating virtual meetings
- Solid aptitude to find and address risks with all levels of leadership
- Talent in negotiating and resolving conflict smoothly and with or without formal authority
- Bachelors in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with distributed cloud technologies and projects (AWS)
- Understanding of real-time video streaming at scale
- Remote-friendly Hybrid Workplace (eligible states: WA, UT, CA)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW8141
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from our lowest geographic market up to our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.twitch.tv/jobs/en/#learn-more. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.