Principle Cinematic Technical Designer (Star Wars FPS)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
In collaboration with Lucasfilm, the Star Wars FPS Team is developing a new AAA FPS in the Star Wars galaxy. Inspired by classic titles like Dark Forces and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2, our story-driven single player game is being developed from the ground up leveraging the power of Unreal Engine 5. We’re combining this inspiration and technology with Respawn’s pedigree for making best-in-class shooters to deliver a brand new experience our players will love.
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Cinematic Designer to own and drive the in-engine pipelines for our cinematic and narrative content. In this role, you will be an important part of our multidisciplinary collaboration bringing a new Star Wars story and characters to life. This role requires an individual with a strong desire to work in a collaborative environment who can be adaptable and amenable to changes and feedback. Our ideal candidate will have a perfect mix of a technical mindset, a passion for visual storytelling, and interpersonal skills to help pull it all together.
What you’ll do...
- Reporting to the Cinematic Team Lead you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a dynamic in-engine cinematics pipeline.
- Scene assembly, integration and asset management within the engine.
- Establish guidelines and best practices, training team members and outsourcers through documentation and tutorials.
- Provide hands-on support to artists and content creators who are contributing to the final product.
- Work with Directors and the Cinematic Lead to implement the overall creative direction of the scenes.
- Collaborate with Cinematic Artists, Game Designers, Animation and many other disciplines in the creation of the cinematics and narrative content.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Technical Art/Animation departments to make our processes and tools efficient and flexible.
- Identify performance issues, fix bugs, and polish content to achieve the best quality possible.
- Be able to predict dependencies and production requirements.
Ideally, you’ll have...
- 5+ years of experience in AAA video game development, working with real-time cinematic animation systems and tools.
- Experience using Unreal and working within Sequencer, a major benefit
- Self-motivation, creative problem solving and solid communication skills.
- Familiarity with industry standard software and other content pipelines outside of the engine is a benefit.
- A passion and understanding of industry trends and technologies.
- Shipped at least one AAA game as a core member of the cinematics team.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $95,450 - $141,800
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $89,200 - $141,800
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $105,250 - $141,800
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $89,200 - $118,550
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $89,200 - $130,750
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA.