Producer - M/W/NB [Star Wars Project]
Ubisoft Annecy is looking for an experienced game PRODUCER to lead a team of highly creative and technical people to bring out their best talents while balancing schedules and milestones.
The role and the team are located in Annecy, and you will work on a co-development mandate with the Lead Studio Massive Entertainment in Sweden!
As a Producer at Ubisoft Annecy you will be working together with the team at Massive Entertainment to create a new story-driven open-world video game set in the Star Wars galaxy. Our goal is to create a game and a story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey, which will stay with them for years to come.
You will report to the Annecy Studio Managing Director and oversee a portion of the development team, collaborating with Associate Producers, Directors and Leads to manage the development roadmap and schedule.
If you have already experienced a role of Producer in a AAA game production recently shipped, in co-development with different international production studios, we would love to talk to you!
Being a Producer involves overseeing the entire development team, being responsible for optimizing team performance and deliverables, maximizing the quality of the game, on budget and on time.
Your major responsibilities:
- Lead the team through the development life cycle providing motivation, maintaining creativity, and building cohesion.
- Proactively maintain collaboration by sharing best practices, ensure that all relevant information is shared and understood by everyone, organize Massive entertainment's visits, etc. ;
- Work with the production team, directors, and leads to create and manage milestone schedules, budgets, risk assessments, prototyping goals, workflows, and pipelines.
- Effectively coach and manage direct reports including associate producers, leads, and other production staff as needed.
- Facilitate the creation of assets and features internally to meet development milestones and goals.
- Create new and adapt existing processes to track, analyze, assess and improve management practices to enhance the capabilities and performance of the team.
- Collaborate with Leads, MD and HR to define the staffing plan of the projects.
- Monitor individual and team progress, report project status to management on a regular basis.
Your leadership, as well as your in-depth knowledge in production of AAA video game, will be essential in fulfilling this role.
- Having a game industry experience is recommended; must have recently shipped a minimum of 1 AAA game as Producer for a console platform.
- Strong project management, scheduling, and multi-team coordination experience. Understanding of Agile/SCRUM methodologies required, experience working with them preferred.
- Coaching and mentoring skills – able to interact with team members diplomatically.
- Act as a role model: positive attitude, high emotional intelligence, give and receive feedback constructively.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, risk assessment, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and meeting deadlines.
- Proficient understanding of game development pipelines and related terminology across multiple disciplines.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, MS Project, PowerPoint, and JIRA or similar bug tracking software, as well as other business applications.
- Be fluent in English (French is a plus)
- Ability and willingness to travel (global conditions permitting).
You will also need to:
- Anticipate production issues and be problem solving oriented
- Communicate effectively and combine production and business perspectives
- Assess risks and establish emergency plans
- Be results and success oriented
- Delegate and empower your teams
Video game production has its share of surprises every day, you like working in a changing environment and take more challenges to bring your project to the next level.
- Permanent contract
- WFH : hybrid organisation
- Relocation in Annecy, France
- The interviewing process will start in September 2022
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.