Producer & Partner Program Manager - 3P Publishing, Amazon Games
Mar 02, 2023
San Diego, United States
- 3+ years of product management experience
- 5+ years of Games Industry experience
- 3+ years of experience managing daily communications between culturally diverse teams
- 2+ years of experience with task management systems
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in both English and Korean
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
In this role, you will work with the Amazon Games Publishing team to own the communication pipeline between internal stakeholders and external development studios. You will be a key point of contact for our international development partners and work to grow our relationship while optimizing operational communications between studios.
This is an opportunity for you to develop a deep understanding about the nuances and sensitivity required for healthy and successful coordination of a game release on a massive scale. This role will allow you to work with various publishing departments, marketing teams, localization, production, product, community, and leadership. You will develop your program management skills due to overseeing the frequent and high volume of in-bound and out-bound daily communication.
You must be passionate about innovation, the customer experience, and leveraging cross-team partnerships to deliver positive and impactful results.
Key job responsibilities
- Primary point of contact between Amazon Games and our external development partners in South Korea.
- Translate daily written and spoken communications from Korean to English and vice versa in a fast moving environment.
- Coordinate the scheduling of meetings and communication sessions across multiple regions.
- Have deep understanding of gameplay terminology, specific to both the MMO industry and to the product serviced to accurately convey complex subject matter.
- Liaison between technical and administrative internal stakeholders to ensure their communication needs are met as related to the published product.
- Succeed at managing a high volume of communication channels across many variable topics.
- Educate our partners about the expectations held by Amazon Games to deliver excellence in service with priority placed on customer satisfaction.
About the team
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
- Deep understanding of gaming terminology with an emphasis on MMORPGs.
- Capability to manage a high volume of detailed conversations in parallel.
- Experience translating milestone plans, roadmaps, game and technical design documents, monetization and product request documents, marketing content, and promotional materials.
- Foundational understanding of globalization practices for Western regions.
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills.
- Capability and willingness to travel internationally and work remotely while abroad.
- Willingness to offset core hours to correspond with the needs of international partners.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, and flexible in approaching responsibilities and change.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, managing time, and meeting deadlines.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $93,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $179,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.