Product Designer, Graphics
We are looking for a Junior Product Designer for the Graphics area. You have experience as a Technical Artist, Tools Designer, User Experience Designer OR Product Designer. In this role, you will specifically be a designing for the of Render Pipelines area, crafting the workflows of lighting, post processing, visual effects and more for the creators in the real-time 3D industry. You will be encouraged to push the bar for simplifying sophisticated workflows, providing input and designs from a design perspective and working towards completeness and quality in the features we implement.
In close collaboration with engineering and product manager peers, you will help set and validate product requirements and decisions. You will use your full range of product design, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills to produce intuitive workflows and clear, practical affordances that delight and empower our millions of users in reaching their creative outcomes!
What you’ll be doing
- Dig into the technical details and come up with workflows that empower artists and designers in the games industry in their daily work to build beautiful, high-end experiences with Unity
- Conduct design research, maximising internal and external resources to ensure our users-first dedication
- You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business peers to find sophisticated and practical solutions to design challenges
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes from early stages to high fidelity workflows and interactions to advise roadmaps, user research and implementation.
- Help drive consistency and an excellent user experience across all of our graphics related tooling and render pipelines.
What we’re looking for
- A portfolio of work that contains strong examples of design for game engine tools, desktop application AND/OR web applications, including interaction patterns and supporting visual design language, and demonstrating exceptional attention to detail.
- Interest in and experience with crafting technical software such as professional desktop software, creative tools, game engines and/or productivity tools
- Outstanding communication skills and tried ability to rally collaborators around solving user problems
- Experience employing data and research to drive digital product design
You might also have
- Professional experience in the film, animation and/or games industry
- Working knowledge of Unity or other 3D rendering software
- Background in technical art, art direction, animation or 3D modeling and familiarity with the basic concepts and workflows of software development
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Relocation support is not available for this position.