Product Designer, Growth
We're looking for a Product Designer to embed within our Growth product engineering team to build experiences that engage our users and achieve our mission of creating belonging.
As a product designer focused on growth, you'll be involved with the full product development process from end-to-end, from brainstorming to launch. You'll use a balance of product, interaction, and visual design skills within the area of Discord that you will end up building.
If you're interested in joining a passionate team of designers that are designing features that will be used by millions of people across the world, come help us do that.
What you'll be doing
- You will report to our growing Product Design team within the Engineering, Product, Analytics and Design (EPAD) organization.
- Embed within a Growth product squad and partner with engineers, product managers and data scientists to oversee the user experience of growth features from concept to launch — and then continue to improve it after it releases to millions of users.
- Design new features to help new and existing users discover new communities to join on Discord.
- Measure the success of your design decisions via experimentation with the help of Data Analysts and Product Managers.
- Mix your visual, UX, and interaction design skills to design valuable features for our users.
- Understand our goals and connect them with design decisions that can be articulated in individual or group settings.
- Foster a culture of design
What you should have
- Minimum of 3 years experience designing and shipping a web/app product for a variety of devices and platforms
- Product thinking and vision. You're more concerned with the "why" than the "how"
- Excitement to dig into experiment data to help inform design iterations and whether something should ship
- A high level of craft
- Experience with Figma or Sketch
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging
- Experience or willingness to mentor other designers
- Experience designing within a growth organization.
- Experience building design systems
- Interface animation know-how
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $135,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $121,500/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!