Product Development Engineer 2 - 164841
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Join a global product reliability team that drives silicon qualifications for new CPU, APU, GPU and ASIC products. The engineer will develop technical authority in a fast paced, dynamic environment that requires decision making at strategic and tactical levels. The position provides influence that mandates strong analytical and technical skills. This role works closely with AMD engineering teams and communicates regularly with cross-functional teams.
- We are embarking on a vision to create a “digital twin” of the post-test/use SoC unit population with the comprehensive unit parametric attributes that enable Reliability modelers to forecast failure rates for various quality and reliability failure mechanisms during the pre and post Si phases of product development.
- This project presents an opportunity for a new college graduate who is highly conversant with Python to implement this model in software. Working closely with the Reliability Technical Director, Design, Product Development, and Foundry Teams, this is an opportunity to learn the mathematical and statistical underpinnings of semiconductor performance/power/reliability models.
- Strong communication skills including data presentation.
- Knowledge of Python programming, especially numerical, statistical, and scientific libraries.
- Familiarity with probability and statistics concepts including multivariate statistics.
- Experience with Monte Carlo methods, a plus.
- Basic Semiconductor fabrication and device physics knowledge, a plus.
- BS/MS Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science or equivalent.
Requisition Number: 164841
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Product Engineering
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.