Product Development Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Position includes test planning, test creation, characterization, data analysis, and silicon debug testing in groundbreaking process technologies. Experienced in DFT (Design for Test) Scan, scan design, methodology, test development, optimization, failure mechanisms, and debug processes.
Test Engineering is a cost, quality, and time-to-market driven team responsible for enabling the availability of microprocessors to our customers.
We are looking for someone with analytical mentality that enjoys evaluation and problem solving using standard engineering methods.
Drives technical decisions independently.
Has accountability for accuracy, reliability and completeness of assignment results critical to the project’s success.
Someone with pre-silicon experience including understanding product features, developing characterization test plans, highlighting test coverage holes, and developing software and hardware infrastructure to execute those plans.
This requires interaction with Design, our internal customers and allows for the opportunity to provide test improvement feedback for future designs.
Post-silicon responsibilities include microprocessor debug & analysis and the execution of characterization plans.
This may include silicon performance issues, yield issues, manufacturing processes, and device marginalities. The Engineer will work closely with Design to root cause issues that result from the debug, characterization, and margin analysis.
- Test pattern & test flow development, debug, test and characterization
- Pre-Silicon Test planning & validation, Engagement with Design
- Post Silicon Bring up of Test patterns leading to optimization for mass production enablement
- Characterization and debug of new silicon designs and process technologies
- Optimization of test flows for increased quality and cost improvement
- Analysis of part failures leading to test improvement
- Analysis of characterization data across PVT
- Strong Leadership & communications skills including data presentation
- Java, Perl, C++ coding skills
- ATE (Automatic Test Equipment) test experience - Advantest V93K experience preferred.
- Unix and Windows proficiency
- Deep knowledge of computer architecture is preferred
ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS: BS/MS EE or equivalent
LOCATION: Austin, Texas
Requisition Number: 172539
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Product Engineering
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.