Product Development Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Product Development Engineer
To provide supportive functions to the organization by root causing failures on AMD processors
The candidate should be motivated, self-driven and have good communication skills. A proactive, outstanding teammate who focuses on teamwork, team building, and growing team success.
- Failure analysis of advanced microprocessors and graphics processors based on FINFET technology
- Perform Silicon Debug, Fault Isolation and DFT diagnostics on Advanced Graphics and Microprocessors using state of the art Tester, Diagnostics, Simulation, CAD and Design/Electrical analysis tools.
- Close collaboration with Design and Product Engineering groups to resolve first silicon, product qualification and yield improvement failures leading to silicon/process/test flow improvements.
- Work closely with Scientific Instruments manufacturers, Universities and Research Institutes to develop new and innovative failure analysis tools and techniques
- Explore use of Machine learning / AI for Device Analysis applications
- Knowledge in semiconductor wafer processing, IC failure analysis, device physics
- Able to work with cross-department and global teams.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work afternoon shift with attractive shift allowance provided.
- Master’s / Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Electronics engineering with 0-2 years of experience in Failure Analysis, IC Design, Product/Test Engineering
- Experience with ATE, system, or bench top characterization and debug environment
- Applicant must have functional knowledge of transistor device physics, circuit analysis, analytical techniques, CMOS manufacturing processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to lead and organize projects are requisite skills.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 173055
Country/Region/Location: Singapore State/Province: Singapore City: Singapore
Job Function: Product Engineering