Product Head - Data Protection & Privacy Engineering
Job Title:Product Head - Data Protection & Privacy Engineering
Activision Blizzard King (ABK) is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Product Manager to join our Data Protection & Privacy Engineering group within ABK Information Security. As a Product Manager, you will have a significant impact on our game players' and employee data protection and privacy rights. This position will be a senior level, individual contributor position, reporting to the Vice President of Data Protection & Privacy Engineering organization, within ABK Information Security.
You will play a key role in developing and executing our data protection product strategy, with a focus on delivering features that improve data protection and privacy for our users. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineers, data analysts, and designers, to develop new product features, as well as analyze and optimize existing ones. You will be responsible for setting product goals and measuring success through KPIs and metrics.
A successful candidate must have knowledge and experience of product management, driving the design, development, and deployment of new services as well as product lifecycle management; data protection technologies such as data discovery & classification, encryption, tokenization, key management, identity access management, application security and secrets management; knowledge of data lifecycle management and analytics, risk management, cloud services and security. They will possess strong agile product management and communication skills. The candidate will be responsible for defining, delivering and maintaining product capabilities which will enable us to identify, understand, protect and use our data across the data lifecycle, as well as enable our customers to exercise their privacy rights.
The ideal candidate is passionate about protecting our users' most critical assets and is committed to continuously improving their skills and expertise in product management. They will collaborate closely with our Business teams, Legal, Risk and Compliance teams to ensure that our products support the business needs, and adhere to relevant information security and data protection policies, standards, procedures and guidelines, and privacy regulations.
You will work directly with our data protection delivery team, that includes technical architects, engineers, program and project managers, to implement the most secure and privacy-focused experiences for our users. You will work closely together to share knowledge and push the department forward by learning from each other's successes and failures via group discussions, lightning talks, and embracing any technique that keeps us sustainably delivering quality products.
Activision Blizzard and King games and platforms reach a global audience of passionate gamers. Our Product Managers are at the heart of this work, working directly with the engineering team from idea to launch to deliver the most secure and privacy-focused experiences ever.
Are you up for the challenge? If you have a passion for data protection and privacy and a track record of delivering successful products, we'd love to hear from you.
The role will manage activities including:
- Defining and managing the product backlog for a defined portion of the Data Protection portfolio
- Working closely with business teams, IT and other corporate functions to solicit product feature requests and enhancements to drive the products strategy and roadmap
- Defining and proactively managing Product Definitions, Roadmaps and associated product line
- Partnering with the engineering and scrum leaders to manage the agile scrum process
- Implementing operational reporting standards that can be leveraged across multiple data protection products.
- Delivering relevant reporting and visualizations that depicts the health, availability, and performance of data protection products
- Reporting accurately, concisely, efficiently and in a timely fashion to enhance decision making and enable coherent change implementation
- Working with management to understand business strategy in order to prioritize product roadmaps according to our business and risk/control objectives
- Implementing and managing a broad set of information security technologies and processes (e.g., data protection, encryption, key management, data governance, network security, cloud security, etc.)
- Driving efficient and effective delivery of our committed strategic plans
- Developing and owning residual risk, control and other oversight measures of product suite
- Provide End-to-End Leadership of the Product Change Lifecycle from Definition through Development, Delivery and Operations
- Strive to improve and innovate, recognizing that product innovation and client satisfaction require a continuous process of improvement
- Deliver effective industry advocacy, presence & thought leadership
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility within IT, Cloud, Cybersecurity, or Data Protection and Privacy fields
- Experienced in the end-to-end information technology (IT) process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations
- Technical knowledge and depth within Data Protection in areas such as DLP - Data Loss Prevention, Digital Rights Management, Data Discovery & Classification, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Authentication, Access Control / Privileged Access, Tokenization, Encryption and/or Cryptography, Data Storage, Warehouse & Analytics
- Ability to provide direction and guidance on business use cases and requirements for Data Protection and Privacy solutions
- Knowledge of information security standards, rules and regulations related to information security and data protection, and Cloud Security Alliance best practices and guidelines
- Excellent technical/business writing skills (policies, standards, business requirements)
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations, risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering and threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies, tactics and strategy to protect, detect, respond and recover from attacks
- Knowledge of national and international laws, regulations, policies and standards related to data privacy and cybersecurity
- Knowledge in Agile, SAFe framework and methodologies
- Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (optional)
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $116,800.00 - $216,000.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.