Product Manager - Player Protection (Rainbow Six Siege)
As the Product Owner - Player Protection Cell (Player Behavior and Anti-Cheat), you will represent the voice of the players in Rainbow Six Siege by understanding and advocating for their needs whether in terms of player safety or anti-cheat. Your aim is to foster a gaming experience where our players feel protected and safe, you will be responsible for the security and the safety of the players by constructing the product vision and strategy.
You will work in close collaboration with the project Player Protection and Game Security Director, Security Operations Manager, Directors and Core team to ensure the solution meets player needs and that the project’s expected benefits are delivered.
You will be working with a creative team where we expect our team members to make key decisions and take ownership over their projects. We highly encourage collaboration with our engineering teams across all departments.
What you’ll do
- Manage Player Protection’s expansion focused products which includes Anti-Cheat, Player Behavior & Social Privacy;
- Gather user needs through various channels (interviews, surveys, feedback) and translate them into product value or solution with the team;
- Develop the long term functional vision of the products for which he/she is responsible (Anti-Cheat, Player Behavior and Privacy), in collaboration with the Director of Game Safety and Player Protection, Directors and the core team;
- Manage and collaborate with the Anti-Cheat Project Manager and Player Behavior Project Manager to accelerate the vision and ensure timely execution;
- Participate in the definition of standard measures and monitoring policies to compare the progress made in terms of player behavior (toxicity, safety...) and anti-cheat within the project;
- Set goals, have clear Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure success and have a consistent track record of achievement;
- Ensure your team is doing the right things, while not being spread too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance are key for successful teams;
- Determine the acceptable level of quality for product delivery;
- Determine with the team the trade-offs that need to be made in order to deliver a product that meets user needs on time and within budget;
- Balance needs between reliability, player safety, and security while building new features, with the support of the Player Protection and Game Security Director;
- Have a Live Operation mindset; with the help of the Operations team;
- Know your users by maintaining relevant information on them (production tracking, general satisfaction, etc.) and make decisions based on data; with the help of the "Business" and "Game Intelligence" teams.
What you bring
- University degree in a technical field.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in a similar position.
- Be customer and results oriented;
- Comfortable with multicultural environments and the challenges associated with them;
- Ability to be critical of products in order to suggest improvements
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- Be comfortable interacting with representatives from different backgrounds and communicating technical or business concepts to all types of stakeholders (management, technical and business teams);
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Knowledge of the SCRUM/AGILE methodology
- In-depth understanding of technology, user experience, software development and business issues related to the digital space and/or the online gaming industry;
- Understanding of the importance of diversity and inclusion;
- General knowledge of IT security and security governance frameworks (processes and technologies);
- Experience in Threat Intelligence, security operations, or security implementation is a plus
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alexis. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.