Product Marketing Assistant
EMEA Product Marketing Assistant – Sonic Franchise
Based at Sega HQ, Brentford, West London.
Hybrid - 2 days per week in the office, 3 days flexible.
SEGA employees are passionate about entertaining the world with creative, innovative experiences, while being part of a vibrant gaming community. We are a global company with the resources to match, coupled with a place where everyone knows each other on a first-name basis, working together to create innovative experiences, one community at a time.
SEGA of America (SOA) is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with its HQ based in Irvine, California, and a dedicated EMEA publishing team in London. The EMEA Product Marketing Assistant is an exciting, newly created role, which reports in to the EMEA Senior Product Marketing Manager and collaborates closely with the Sonic Brand and Product Marketing teams based in North America. In this role you will be an integral part of the SOA EMEA Product Marketing team, interacting with our distribution partners throughout Europe and working on the Sonic the Hedgehog video game franchises. Under the guidance of your manager, you’ll assist in planning, delivering, and executing go to market plans and best-in-class campaigns for assigned products under their jurisdiction.
We believe that delivering the best games relies on having the best people, so we are constantly investing in our people through our benefits package, flexible working, and our community-focused, people-centric culture. Our industry-leading compensation and benefits include competitive salary and bonus schemes, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, health screening, electric car scheme, home technology scheme, Microsoft package discounts, and much more!
You will have a passion for gaming and some experience in a full-time role or an internship within a commercial environment, ideally in the gaming, digital or entertainment industries. Essentially, you will have a willingness to learn and will thrive working in a team environment as a core part of your role will be working closely with local distribution territories as well as several internal SOA teams including Brand, PR/Comms, Community, Creative Services, Commercial, amongst many others.
- Support the EMEA Senior Product Marketing Manager and the Product Marketing Manager in planning and executing marketing campaigns across a variety of owned, earned and paid-for channels for assigned products.
- Assist on the production and/or localisation of EMEA campaign assets including but not limited to trailers, paid media materials (including static and video-based assets), events, merchandise, retail point of sale materials, influencers assets and codes etc.
- Organise and deliver assets to local distribution and agency partners in a timely and structured manner and as briefed by the EMEA Sonic Product Marketing team.
- Manage Purchase Orders and track product budgets effectively under the supervision of the EMEA Sonic Product Marketing team.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with all teams within SOA/SOE and across multiple time zones to ensure campaign deadlines are achieved.
- Work closely with our various agency partners agencies to help delivering best-in-class marketing support for the EMEA Sonic Product Marketing team.
- Provide 3rd party account support when required (Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft etc.).
- Support trade marketing initiatives and events as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Some experience working in a commercial environment is preferred; experience within the gaming industry is a bonus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the field.
- Experience in project management, analysis, and the ability to work with multiple teams.
- Positive, professional, and flexible attitude.
- Must be detail oriented, possess good time management skills and be able to prioritise tasks in a fast and changing environment.
- Natural passion for the video games industry and knowledge of major Japanese video game franchises a bonus but not essential.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
At SEGA, we celebrate diversity and believe in a diverse, inclusive, and equitable world in which everyone feels valued and respected regardless of what they look like or where they come from. Whether you’re a prospective employee or a full-time member of staff, we want you to feel involved and supported in all aspects of our work and to have amazing opportunities during your time with us regardless of your background. We welcome people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, neurotype, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
SEGA is a place where staff have a voice which is integral to our success as a business. Our inclusive, passionate people are empowered to educate, inform, and build awareness through our inclusion and wellbeing staff-led values groups which include DEN (Disability Employee Network), RISE (Reinforcing Inclusion through Solidarity and Equality), Women at SEGA, PRIDE, SEGA Minds (group supporting mental health), Momiji (group that celebrates our Japanese heritage, language, and culture) and VIBE (our social and engagement committee).