Product Marketing Manager 2
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
This requisition is for a Business Development role within the Cloud Business Group at AMD. The role is customer-facing and will focus on AMD’s large server datacenter partners in the US who are enabling server solutions around AMD silicon. This individual will lead strategy execution at the designated partner and be at the forefront of driving AMD design-in and adoption.
The ideal candidate will possess a breadth of abilities and skills, including: CPU product knowledge, server architecture awareness, strong marketing and presentation skills, solid understanding of customers’ business and decision makers, ability to craft resonating customer value propositions, and strong team leadership skills to drive progress on each account. Most importantly, you are the business leader for your accounts, contributing to strategy, setting direction, and achieving success in all facets. You must be self-driven, and capable of operating autonomously.
The applicant must be a team player with a commitment to meeting deadlines and an aptitude to thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment. The position is based in Seattle. Some travel (up to 15%), is expected
- Contribute to the setting of account strategy, the resulting tactical milestones, and leading the team to achieve them.
- Alongside Sales, be a primary contact point in customer engagements, evangelizing new company technologies and products, driving to design-in goals and revenue capture
- Drive and manage all pre-design win efforts and deliverables, including product and marketing collateral, technical summits, and Proof-of-Concept demo’s
- Understand the customer’s business goals and requirements, shaping value propositions that fulfill needs and resonate with the customer
- Foster relationships and manage customer expectations to ensure needs are aligned with AMD business goals
- Be a strong advocate for the customer internally
- Understand customer h/w and s/w requirements, configurations, and applications to help guide solution architecting accordingly
- Maintain awareness of, and provide reports on, customer status and key issues
- Drive for highest levels of customer engagement and satisfaction
- 6+ years of experience in the computing industry, at the Cloud Provider, OEM, ODM, or Technology Provider level
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing role
- Knowledge of modern server platform architecture and datacenter infrastructure
- Outstanding written, oral communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple simultaneous projects
- Highly results driven
- BS, or higher, in Engineering (Computer or Electrical) strongly preferred.
Requisition Number: 146923
Country: United States State: Washington City: Bellevue
Job Function: Business Marketing
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.