Product Marketing Manager
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Product Marketing Manager
- Job Summary: The Product Marketing Manager will work with the Sr. Manager, Product Marketing to drive and support key strategic initiatives in product marketing, with a focus on console video games. This position will work together with key stakeholders within The Pokémon Company International and The Pokémon Company in Japan, by spearheading communication between offices in both English and Japanese.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Support key strategic company initiatives in the areas of product marketing, with a focus on marketing initiatives in support of console video games. Collaborate with various stakeholders within TPCi and those in Japan to achieve business goals. Work with Sr. Manager, Product Marketing to deliver impactful results by proactively identifying problems to be solved and providing solutions.
- Support video game marketing projects by serving as the point of contact between the Tokyo office of The Pokémon Company in Japan, and internal TPCi cross-functional teams. Drive progress within TPCi and ensure all teams and stakeholders are properly informed and tasks are executed on time.
- Coordinate with the Tokyo office of The Pokémon Company in Japan so that the TPCi cross-functional teams are fully informed to conduct globally aligned marketing activities. Review marketing assets and copies to ensure accuracy.
- Research, analyze, report, and present on key business metrics and industry trends.
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated business related experience in multinational corporations including Japan and the USA.
- Multi-cultural and bilingual with strong written and verbal business communication proficiency in both English and Japanese. Solid understanding of Japanese culture and business customs.
- Strong project coordination skills with proven ability to drive results. Action oriented and strong problem solver.
- Strong relationship building skills to manage proactive, prompt, and accurate communication with multiple stakeholders across organizations.
- Organized and process-oriented with proven ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Experience in video game development, including localization, or video game marketing is a plus.
- Eagerness to learn about the brand in depth. Passion/interest in the Pokémon brand is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: [recruiter to enter: $low- $high]. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. For this role, new hires generally start between [recruiter to enter: $low – 0.95 compa-ratio amount]. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.