Product Marketing Manager, Communities
Discord is the platform for building digital communities and we are hard at work making massive improvements to the features and tools that admins and moderators use every day to run and manage them. We are looking for an experienced Product Marketer who can help shape product strategy and craft compelling go to market strategies for new features aimed at helping these communities.
As a member of the Community Product Marketing team, you will get to be an advocate for our amazing community leaders and also have a key voice in how our product is built. This is a role that sits at the heart of one of the most impactful teams at one of the most exciting times in our company’s history.
You will report directly to our Head of Community and Creators Product Marketing.
What you'll be doing
- Partner with product and engineering teams to build, ship and scale our latest community features like Forums, AutoMod, or a new Home digest.
- Work closely with our Creative, Community, and Brand marketing teams to craft a compelling go to market strategy aimed at community leaders
- Build, own, and scale the internal process for how we launch new products working closely with teams like Customer Experience, Trust and Safety, Legal, Comms and more
What you should have
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in social products, technologies and platforms
- A passion for the building communities online
- Ability to create definition and clarity in new areas
- Experience driving marketing execution and consistency, including owning and scaling products globally
- Passion for Discord and belief in our mission
- Product development/management or product design experience
- Experience either participating in or running an online community
- Additional marketing experience in branding, media, partnerships, or communications
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $152,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law.
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $136,800/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
#buildbelonging #LI-KS1 #LI-Remote
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!