Product Marketing Manager - TCG
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Product Marketing Manager
- Job Summary: The Product Marketing Manager will lead the development and execution of go to market strategies in support of key Pokémon product initiatives, with a specific focus on the Pokémon Trading Card Game. Partnering closely with a cross-team of The Pokémon Company International stakeholders, channel leads, and vendor/agency partners to develop marketing plans, inclusive of aligned objectives and KPIs, resulting in creative and engaging outbound marketing campaigns.
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Partner with the Product Team to understand the product vision, objectives, and intended audience(s) along with key product features and other relevant information.
- Provide product team with feedback and insights from the Marketing perspective.
- Lead the extended marketing team in the development of comprehensive marketing plans for TCG product launches, and ongoing support of new feature rollouts, seasonal events, and other marketing activations.
- Ownership of ‘Special Projects’ for TCG EMEA experiential and App marketing. Managing all planning, creative, logistical, and administrative requirements to ensure successful execution.
- Bring new ideas and partnerships to the table that are rooted in consumer insights and industry trends.
- Measure and optimize campaign results against established business and marketing Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), optimizing future marketing efforts.
- Help build best practices within the marketing org including, but not limited to, campaign planning and development, partner management, communication, and data, analytics, and reporting.
- Ensure communication of key information throughout the broader organization, serving as the product champion.
What you’ll bring
- Proven experience as a marketing professional with a global entertainment brand or consumer brand.
- Experience working with agencies and external partners to execute marketing initiatives.
- Demonstrated multi-channel marketing skills to support the creation and implementation of hype, launch, and sustainment marketing activities, and the ability to problem-solve wherever needed.
- Deep knowledge and a passion for the Trading Card Game industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: £58,000.00 - £86,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. For this role, new hires generally start between £58,000.00 – £68,400.00. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.