Product Production Designer (Apparel & Home) - 1 Year-Fixed Term Contract
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Graphic Designer
- Job Summary: We are looking for a Product Production Designer with eye for design but passion for production. The Product Production Designer will be responsible for providing production support and viewed as an expert in creating consistent, detail oriented production files and set up for products that include: apparel, accessories and home goods. Please include spec sheets, tech packs or production file set up examples in your portfolio.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Take over approved concept designs and prepare production files for each product or product set.
- Maintains consistency across all templates, spec sheets and tech packs.
- Reviews physical samples with Design Management & Concept Designers. Makes any updates necessary after product sample reviews.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, production partners and external suppliers to ensure an efficient process.
- Participates in meetings, discussions, and presentations as part of the product development process from initial concepts to final design.
- Demonstrates in depth conceptual and practical knowledge of graphic design, and graphic application processes such as screen print, embroidery, heat setting, etc.
- Work independently to create and execute designs for all categories of Pokémon Center.
- Meets all department and corporate business requirements, including those regarding work hours, conduct, and teamwork.
What you’ll bring
- 4-6 years of experience with design utilizing computer software
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree a plus. Industry experience most desirable
- Expert proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite on Mac OS
- Demonstrates a high degree of originality and creativity as well as provide valuable creative insights to support business strategy.
- Ability to apply knowledge of best practices in production design
- Knowledge of print technology and techniques: screen-print, roller print, decals, embroidery, patches, sublimation, digital, and offset processes
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $77000-$118000. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.