Program Manager 1(126662)
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
This is an exciting role in which you will have great exposure to all the latest technologies in the computer graphics industry. As the Program Manager in Software QA, you will own the planning and coordination of SW test validation of CPU/APU programs from feasibility stage, and to the completion of the programs, the individual is encouraged to supervise all aspects of the project, and to work directly with Business and across multiple Engineering organizations and other stakeholders to ensure work you're doing fall within the scope, and meet its objectives.
- Capture and Assess program requirements, and scope Software QA effort in alignment with business objective
- Interact and coordinate with software QA test teams and other validation teams on related activities across multiple sites
- Responsible for crafting formal artifacts including Validation Test Strategy, Validation Plan of Record, and test alignment for the deliverables
- Review and clarify Software specification and requirement from SW architect/development teams, and work with Test content owners on crafting test contents for new features
- Work closely with development team to debug and triage software issues, and perform code reviews
- Ability to identify and prevent risk in early phase, and put together mitigation plan to address any concerns to bring project back on track
- Outstanding presentation skill, be able to provide regular program readout for test validation status, and to deliver clear and concise executive summary to senior management/executives
- Conduct Program exit review with external teams, all stakeholders, and executives regarding quality of program
- A successful candidate will drive various cross functional initiatives/innovation, also explore opportunities to improve for overall workflow, entrance and exit criteria of future projects
- Strong software development, programming, debugging and test automation knowledge; demonstrated understanding of SW QA process & methodology
- Solid understanding of, or interest in PC Graphics(Computer displays, HDTV, VR), on-line and off-line multimedia content streaming/playback, file transcoding, 3D graphics concepts, DirectX and / or OpenGL, 3D/VR gaming, and game engine technologies
- Possess technical capacity to fully understand SW features implementation
- Outstanding in analytical, problem solving, and risk management skills
- In-depth knowledge of software testing techniques and methodologies, debugging and programming knowledge
- Familiarity with industry standard project and defects management tools, such as Jira and Confluence
- Be able to work in fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering/ Computer Science, or equivalent degree
- Hands on experience, working as SW QA Lead/ SW Program Manager in competitive industry in handling Software project delivery
- PMP Course Completion and other specialized certification/ education in Program Management is a plus.
Requisition Number: 126662
Country/Region/Location: India State/Province: Telangana City: Hyderabad
Job Function: Other Engineering