Program Manager 2
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Program Implementation Manager:
- This is an engineering program management position responsible for driving the schedule, logistics and overall program success of Client APU product engineering team.
- The applicant must be a team player with commitment to meeting deadlines and an aptitude to thrive in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Must have a passion for product engineering and a willingness to dive into technical areas outside of your expertise to pull the team past blockers.
- Defining and managing key product deliverables/schedules, waterfalls, and cross functional activities.
- Responsible for pre-silicon planning, and once silicon arrive own and drive customer samples execution and high volume manufacturing readiness
- Managing expectations and collaborating horizontally across several functional organizations – BU, Program management, Fab, Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain, Procurement
- Working hand-in-hand with our Asia Engineering and Operations counterparts
Skill Set (Required):
- Background in Product Engineering or Program Management w/ taking ASICs, GPUs, APUs, or CPUs from 1st Silicon to volume production
- Experience working in a team environment and actively driving solutions
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong MS excel and ppt skills. Should be able to easily build high quality samples waterfall, project schedules and timelines
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration across multiple internal functional organizations (Engineering – US and abroad, Supply chain, Management, Finance)
Degree: BSEE, BSCE, MSEE, MSCE or equivalent (6 years post-grad experience)
Location: Austin, TX
Requisition Number: 163962
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Other Engineering
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.