Creating dynamic, visually stunning games is a top priority at Ubisoft Montreal. Game animation plays an important role in the visual experience. As a studio with more than 4,000 employees, Ubisoft Montreal is always looking to innovate and give our players the best visual representation.
By controlling how game elements move and interact with each other, you'll be contributing to the game's technical development and artistic level. As an Animation Programmer, you'll be responsible for building systems and tools that will help your colleagues create fun, impressive, and engaging worlds that are reactive and alive while meeting the highest quality standards.
What you'll do
- Work with different animation, programming, and mocap teams to understand their game animation needs, constraints, and intentions to design adapted solutions.
- Analyze existing animation features in the engine + design, develop, and maintain animation systems to properly understand technological limits and know what the engine can produce.
- Build animation systems that will be the basis for creating a living, dynamic world.
- Maintain existing animation systems unique to Ubisoft and optimize the animation engine capabilities for new projects.
- Program in a clear and structured manner in keeping with performance, memory, maintenance, compatibility, and portability requirements.
- Combine the technical and artistic sides of game design and program the animation systems that will make for the best visual representation.
- Research and develop new animation techniques (ex. procedural, physics, etc.).
- Monitor the evolution of animation techniques and share your knowledge with various cross-functional teams across Ubisoft.
What you bring
- C++ and C# experience + Visual Studio knowledge
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience with animation techniques such as rigging, state machines, physics ragdolls, inverse kinematics (IK), compression, facial animation, etc.
- Experience in the animation field to understand programming tools and how to improve them
- A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or related training)
- A good eye for detail to find even the smallest flaws in the system and optimize them
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background and skills
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Please note: Friday 23th through Monday 2rd of January are Ubisoft's holiday gift to our employees for a well-deserved vacation. Because of this, there will likely be a delay in reply until possibly Tuesday 3th of January 2022 when most of our team returns.
I will get back to you as soon as I can. In the meantime, I send your way my warmest wishes for a delightful holiday and prosperous new years.