Programmer (Tool C#)
As a Tool Programmer at Ubisoft MTL, you will play a key role in the design and implementation of technologies used by the content creation teams. Your mission will be to simplify the life of these teams so that they can focus on the development of a game.
As a productivity guarantor, you will choose, create, and maintain innovative, user-friendly and sustainable solutions that will concretize production ideas. You will listen to the users to create a collaborative loop, supported by your creativity and rigour, that will guarantee the efficiency and intuitive nature of the tools you deliver. With agility and precision, you will respond to the needs of the various production areas and make recommendations to improve existing systems.
With your work and support, the teams you equip will be able to meet any technical challenge and easily translate their vision and creativity into a world-class game.
What you’ll do
- In an environment that promotes collaboration and knowledge sharing, you will:
- Develop and maintain stable tools aimed at improving productivity and long-term integrability for production teams.
- Design tools that meet specific needs.
- Debug systems and ensure quality of tool code.
- Identify technologies to adopt and make recommendations for both new tool development and improvements to existing systems.
- Work to automate processes to support a smooth workflow.
- Collaborate with production team members (artists, designers, etc.) to truly understand their needs.
- Share with your colleagues in the tools community about your respective innovations and learnings.
- Be aware of technological advances in the fields of programming and video game production.
What you bring
- At least 5 years of experience in software programming, ideally in the video game industry or any other relevant experience
- A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
- Excellent proficiency in various programming languages, especially C# and C++
- Good analytical and synthesis skills + attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team + good interpersonal and communication skills
- Autonomy, curiosity, and resourcefulness that push you to go talk to people
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background and skills
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.