Programming Team Lead (Engine)
As a Team Lead (Engine) at Ubisoft Saguenay, you guide a group of talented and inspired programmers who develop technology critical to the creation of games Ubisoft fans can’t wait to play. Your team achieves its ambitions thanks to your technical know-how, leadership and ability to make informed decisions. You take pride and share passion for the systems your team develops together.
Your vision and your deep comprehension of what everyone does on your team allow you to harmonize and to multiply the results of everyone’s contribution. When quality systems are delivered and when they work together cohesively, you know you have contributed to offering a rich experience to our players. That’s what truly motivates you.
What you'll do
On a typical day, you gather your team to discuss progress with assigned tasks. You note issues and brainstorm ways to address them. You review outstanding bugs and how best to approach them. You communicate regularly with leads from other disciplines, to plan ahead, identify risks and deliver on time.
You code alongside your team on a daily basis. You regularly update your Project Lead on your team’s assignments and meet with other leads both within and outside your project to discuss how to improve workflows and share technology.
What you'll bring
- A degree in computer science or computer engineering;
- A good knowledge of programming languages such as C++, C#, java, python or others;
- Several years of solid experience in programming;
- Knowledge of video game engines or experience in embedded software programming or similar;
- Experience in managing a team of programmers or other similar experience;
- Excellent communication and strategic leadership skills;
- The ability to remain calm in difficult situations (you know there is always a solution);
- An understanding of game production and good interpersonal skills with non-technical people.
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, skills and, if applicable, your delivered games.
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer, where diversity is a priority. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status.
- Working as a team to enrich players’ lives through unique and memorable gaming experiences and by improving the positive impacts of our games. To get there, we are creating a safer, more inclusive work environment, we are giving back to the communities where Ubisoft operates by working with local non-profit partners and by working to reduce the environmental impact of our business.