Programming Team Lead
As a Team Lead at Ubisoft Saguenay, you guide a group of talented and inspired programmers who develop technology critical to the creation of games Ubisoft fans can’t wait to play. Your team achieves its ambitions thanks to your technical know-how, leadership and ability to make informed decisions. You take pride and share passion for the systems your team develops together.
Your vision and your deep comprehension of what everyone does on your team allow you to harmonize and to multiply the results of everyone’s contribution. When quality systems are delivered and when they work together cohesively, you know you have contributed to offering a rich experience to our players. That’s what truly motivates you.
What you'll do
On a typical day, you gather your team to discuss progress with assigned tasks. You note issues and brainstorm ways to address them. You review outstanding bugs and how best to approach them. You communicate regularly with leads from other disciplines, to plan ahead, identify risks and deliver on time.
You code alongside your team on a daily basis. You regularly update your Project Lead on your team’s assignments and meet with other leads both within and outside your project to discuss how to improve workflows and share technology.
What you'll bring
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Software engineering
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in game programming
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team of game programmers
- Proficient in C++ and other programming languages commonly used in game production
- Participation in at least one full game production or equivalent as a programming team lead
- Impeccable strategic leadership and communication skills
- Remain calm when facing challenging situations (you know a solution is always at hand.)
- A deep understanding of video game production with the ease to see the perspectives of other game production disciplines
Ubisoft Saguenay is a multidisciplinary team building video games since 2018. We’re looking for passionate creators who want to design outstanding games and deliver memorable experiences to our players.
When you join Ubisoft Saguenay, you play a key role in creating world-class video games.
At the studio, you’ll discover an innovative, dynamic and creative world: a unique environment that offers constant career advancement, a welcoming learning environment and competitive compensation packages.
You’ll work on prestigious titles in partnership with our Canadian Ubisoft studios.
Create the unknown. Join the adventure!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.