Project Coordinator [Star Wars Project]
We are looking for a Project Coordinator who will support one of the teams on the Star Wars Project with regard to planning, development processes, applying methodologies, and logistics. You will be part of a passionate team focused on AAA Game Development. This role will include driving communication in a diverse team across the whole project. If working with people, processes and a challenging project excite you, then this might be the perfect job for you!
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
As a Project Coordinator for this position you will report to the Associate Producer and work alongside other Project Coordinators to support the Production needs of your team. You will support the Associate Producer, your team as well as team leads on a day-to-day basis by providing status updates, review talent allocation and scope as well as support team health initiatives and events. Other tasks include but are not limited to:
- Sprint planning and sprint tracking to keep an overview of your team’s workload
- Building and maintaining a healthy roadmap aligned with important project milestones
- Ensuring that various planning tools are implemented and kept up to date
- Setting up and facilitating the flow of information and flagging potential blockers (e.g. meetings, mailing lists, Jira tasks, status reports etc.) among the team members and possibly partner studios
- Taking ownership of certain aspects of production and supporting the team dedicated to these
- Handling the inventory and ensuring that the right equipment is available for the team (e.g. test/dev kits, computers, TVs, software, etc.)
- Making sure that the floor plans are implemented and followed when work teams are moved, merged and/or restructured
- Ensuring that the onboarding process is systematically implemented
You as a person
You are interested in games, technology, and working in a big company as part of a team. You are confident in taking initiative and finding creative solutions to complex problems. You enjoy working within a multidisciplinary team in a creative environment, where you will be expected to - through collaboration - achieve the highest quality possible. You show integrity in everything that you do, and you are familiar with handling people at all levels and enjoy making all processes smoother for the developers. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience in project management or project coordination with software or game development. Ideally, you’ve worked with different disciplines, have been part of a big company, and seen a project through an entire life cycle
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft suite (Excel, Microsoft Project)
- Experience in working with game development tools (e.g. bug tracking, agile tools, Jira, etc.)
It’s a plus if you have:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in project management, creative business, engineering or equivalent
- Professional experience in the video games industry (and specifically with audio development)
- Experience with people management and coaching of direct reports
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We\'re also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft\'s digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.