Props Artist [Star Wars Project] W/M/NB
As a Props Artist at Ubisoft Paris you will be working together with the team at Massive Entertainment to create a new story-driven open-world video game set in the Star Wars galaxy. Our goal is to create a game and a story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey, which will stay with them for years to come.
You will join the project's Art team, you will participate in the modeling of "props" and the creation of their textures according to the guidelines of the Lead Artist while respecting the artistic, technical and gameplay constraints.
In this role, your missions will be as follows:
- The production of realistic and high-quality assets (object and textures) that meet the expectations of the Lead Artist
- The integration of objects, textures in a game editor like Unreal
- Ensure the technical and artistic follow-up of the assets imported into the game and make the necessary modifications
The professional value you bring:
- Control of constraints related to real-time geometry
- Excellent knowledge of modeling tools such as 3DSMAX, Autodesk Maya, Blender, Zbrush (UV layouts, retopology)
- Mastery of the PBR Pipeline for the creation of textures (Substance Painter/Photoshop, baking tools)
- Model and texture, modular, and hard-surface assets that meet the global art direction needs
- Work from photo reference and concepts during production of assets.
- Good understanding of balancing quality standards and game performance in a game engine
- Comfortable creating 4k resolution game assets
- Good artistic ability and observational skills
- Versatility, responsiveness, autonomy and initiative
- Ability to work in a team, good communication skills
- Open to feedback and adaptable
- Ability to work under constraints of quality and time
- Good understanding of game mechanics related to objects and environments
The personal value you bring:
- Excellent communication skills and strong work ethics
- Ability to exercise good judgement and decision making
- Proactive work manner
/!\ A portfolio, website or other document showing your work is required, otherwise your application will not be properly evaluated.
This position requires your presence on site several days a week.
Position to be filled as soon as possible based in Montreuil (93).
More information about the project here
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.