Publishing Operations Associate Manager
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
Here at Striking Distance Studios, it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude.
The Publishing Operations Associate Manager role is a critical role within the SDS publishing team. This role is for a highly motivated, consistent and flexible individual to drive various tasks across the team while becoming the right hand of the COO to keep the group on track. Success in this role includes rolling up your sleeves and tackling challenges and will lead to expected growth into a new role within 2 years. You’ll work closely with the COO and VP of Marketing while reporting to the VP of Sales and Business Development.
- Plan and coordinate internal and external meetings & events, which may include cross functional teams, stakeholders, and outside vendors
- Act as liaison between SDS Operations and PUBG HQ, supporting SDS in meeting scheduling, tasks (e.g. finding translator or translation services), and additional logistical planning as required by Company
- Manage calendars and scheduling for COO in support of Publishing activities for SDS’ games
- Support COO with day-to-day executions and activities keeping the publishing team on track
- Coordinate travel arrangements and accommodations, including international travel as required
- Complete tasks quickly with limited guidance and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require quick turnaround
- Ensure that executives are prepared for meetings and have all necessary pieces of information or tools
- Plan and execute engaging team events, meetings, and off-sites including the preparation of materials, A/V, and catering and thoughtfully include global participants. Support team efficiency by collecting, preparing, and distributing information for use in events
- Support any special projects as needed by COO or Executive publishing team
- Assist with personal tasks (errands, appointment booking, etc.) as needed (~5%)
- Grow with role to prepare for a growing career track within SDS publishing group
- Conduct daily stand-ups with COO and VPs in publishing group
- Manage expense reporting for COO ensuring timely entry and cost allocation
- Knowledge and Expertise with Outlook, Zoom, MS Office, G Suite Applications, Slack and familiarity with other IT/Communication platforms supporting SDS
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizing skills to coordinate project activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as an extremely strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with details and time-sensitive, confidential issues
- Excellent problem solving, with the ability to quickly prioritize and assess tasks
- Proven track record of approaching changing priorities with a positive attitude and solution orientation
- Good decision-making skills and response to high-pressure situations
- Must be willing to respond to some requests after-hours and on weekends
- A proven track record working independently and cross functionally
- Thrives in an ever-changing environment and is willing to adapt to the needs of the business.
- 2+ years of project management and events coordination, working with executives
- Experience as a Personal Assistant a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, entertainment, finance/accounting, or related field.
- Experience may be substituted for degree, if experience demonstrates an increase of depth and breadth of responsibility
- Start-up or High-Growth Tech industry experience preferred
- Experience working with different cultures and companies outside of the United States.