QA Analyst 1
Job Title:QA Analyst 1
Job title: QA Analyst
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Melbourne, Australia, Toronto, Canada and Guildford, UK – Sledgehammer Games is the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty®: WWII, and Call of Duty®: Vanguard. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our passionate employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
We are constantly evolving and innovating – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With our extraordinary audio, design, engineering, and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love making games and we work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for dedicated game developers for our exciting upcoming projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As a QA Analyst I, you will employ “grey” and “black box” testing methodology as a subject matter authority in an Agile development QA environment. In this role, you will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and carrying out Test Cases/Plans; identifying, thoroughly investigating, and documenting bugs/issues with the game; authoring documentation on tools and techniques, and subsequently educating your teammates. As you will be interacting face-to-face daily not only with your QA team members, but also with your development partners, you will need to have strong critical thinking and inter-personal communication skills. Due to this exposure to all facets of game development and allowance for professional development, there is also great opportunity for career development and growth in the game industry.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Identify, isolate, regress, and communicate issues/defects effectively and efficiently.
- Create, maintain, and implement Test Cases and Tasks using in-house and 3rd-party testing tools.
- Work in a collaborative QA environment, carrying out individual tasks and leading small groups of testers in group assignments.
- Actively assess and communicate the needs or progress of development partners, and how they impact QA’s priorities and tasks.
- Become a subject matter authority on a portion of the game and develop partnerships with team members throughout the Studio.
- 2+ years testing experience in software/gaming QA.
- Understanding of Software Testing Processes and Best Practices.
- Understanding of Software/Game Development Lifecycles and project management methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Waterfall).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- QA experience with console platforms (e.g. PlayStation, XBOX, etc.) and PC.
- Familiarity with software development tools such as JIRA, Testrail, or Perforce, and Microsoft Office productivity software.
- Must be able to work autonomously and self-educate with supportive leadership, but limited direction and supervision.
- Passion for games and demonstrable understanding of game industry and gaming trends.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Game/Software Development or related degree, or corresponding experience in game/software development.
- At least 1 released game title.
- Intimate knowledge of Call of Duty or other First Person Shooter titles.
- Experience leading small team projects.
- Experience with programming languages such as C++, C#, or Python.
- Experience with Game Development Discipline software or mod tools such as Maya, Houdini, Unreal, Radiant, or other development tools.
- Experience with First Party Submission standards. (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Apple, etc)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by teams with varied strengths working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.