The Molasses Flood is looking for a talented and motivated person to join our team as a QA Analyst. This role will work closely with team members in all departments, track information on incoming changes and feature work, and communicate their findings from various testing procedures. The ideal candidate is a highly-organized, detail-oriented and self-directing individual who is passionate about games, is comfortable working with a variety of departments, and has experience with QA testing and processes.
This is a full-time salaried position with a hybrid in office / WFH model, based out of our office in the greater Boston area. Relocation assistance is available within the US.
- Create, implement and iterate test plans for new game features
- Create and maintain test cases throughout the game development cycle
- Produce test reports of findings for stakeholders, providing qualitative feedback and escalating critical issues
- Seek opportunities to improve testing processes and tools
- Perform manual testing for performance, stability and adherence to quality standards
- Ensure project test plans are being followed
- Prior experience in QA for game development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong autonomous attitude and ability to multitask and prioritize
- Knowledge of various testing methodologies
- Candidates must have a US work permit or citizenship
- Curiosity, kindness, and a positive and professional can-do attitude
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Experience generating testing builds
- Experience with JIRA and Testrail
- Experience testing on PC and current generation consoles
- Passion for playing games! …and breaking them too!
The expected annual salary range for this position is $60,000 to $75,000 USD, negotiable. Salary offered will be based upon a number of factors, including but not limited to: skill set, years and quality of experience, and suitability for the role.
100% company paid medical, dental, and vision plans available - for employees and dependents
401K with matching
Company paid long & short term disability plans, and life insurance
Profit sharing plan
Unlimited PTO and flexible schedule
Environmental company paid offset of employees’ carbon footprint via Wren.co
Some positions available for Remote work
Positions worked in office are hybrid: M/W/F work from home & T/Th work in office, with lunch provided on the in office days
Dog friendly office
Many opportunities for advancement as our team grows and takes on new challenges
The Molasses Flood is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embracing and celebrating diverse thoughts and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at The Molasses Flood is based on ability – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
CA Candidates: TMF abides by all policies set forth in the CCPA/CPRA. For more information, please contact HR or visit the California Privacy Protection Agency website: https://cppa.ca.gov/