QA Automation Lead, Parsec
Parsec creates ultra-low latency, high-performance remote desktop technology that empowers creative professionals to work from anywhere, businesses to embrace flexible workplaces, and individuals to play together from anywhere. We're growing so that we can help leaders in gaming, entertainment, engineering, and architecture build the things we love, whether they're in the office or working from home. Parsec is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unity.
Parsec is looking for an experienced QA Engineer to join as an early member of a best-in-class QA team. This is a great opportunity to come in on the ground level, with a large degree of autonomy and empowerment, helping define processes and strategy. The QA team will work horizontally supporting multiple engineering groups, while collaborating cross-functionally with product management and the customer success team. The ideal candidate is organized and methodical, technically strong, and has a passion for delivering high quality, reliable software.
What you’ll be doing
- Define, implement, and iterate on QA processes, constantly driving to improve both release confidence and operational efficiency
- Write, update, and execute manual test plans, minimizing regressions and ensuring quality releases
- Become an expert on Parsec’s products and technologies, proactively identifying risks and problem areas, and providing insightful critical feedback on functionality and user experience
- Contribute to, and help maintain, automated test suites covering multiple products, and help devise a strategy for hardware compatibility testing
- Maintain and contribute to Parsec’s technical support documentation
What we’re looking for
- A deep technical understanding of Windows, computer hardware, APIs, web technologies, network technologies, and cloud-native applications
- Prior experience with quality assurance, test plan management, and the software development life cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong cross functional collaboration
- Strong discipline applied to structured and organized workflows, processes, and individual efforts
- Hands-on experience with Parsec or other remote desktop applications and streaming solutions
You might also have
- A “get it done” attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- A passion for technology, both software and hardware, always excited to learn and play with what’s new
- Experience working in a support role, engaging directly with customers, or writing technical support documentation
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.