QA Engineer III - TFT, Cosmetics
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will own the QA process for a team that supports one or multiple Riot products. You will work with your team of software engineers, content developers, artists, producers, and project managers to create value for Players around the world. You will be guided by Riot's Test Policy to ensure the execution of quality activities at every stage of the software development life cycle. Additionally, you will partner with your team to arrive at more efficient solutions to everyday problems and improve delivery. You will also be tasked to work with other QA professionals, often remotely to get your work completed.
As a Quality Engineer III on Team Fight Tactics, you will report to the Sr. QA Manager. You will work directly with developers to support testing activities across all disciplines. You will also ensure the production of all test coverage within your product space, handle test, telemetry and defect data, and report on product quality.
- Communicate constructively, strong partnership with team members
- Establish and use objective data to drive discussions, avoid subjective biases
- You’re considered an expert on the Voice of the Player
- Auditing test and coverage plans
- Managing components of a defect database
- Working with remote team members and providing feedback on effectiveness
- Establish the best practices that help ship great products
- Hold products and product leadership accountable for including quality as a factor in all decisions
- Improve quality activities throughout the software development life cycle
- Escalate blockers and risks (with impact, probability)
- Communicate and Report on work progress
- A minimum of 6 years Software Quality Assurance Experience, with multiple proven product successes
- Quality Management: Planning, Assurance, Control and Improvement
- Experience applying your expertise to solve systemic problems
- Experience tasking remote teams daily, and providing feedback on effectiveness
- Experience implementing test approaches as part of an overall test strategy
- Experience coaching QA team members on test design, planning and execution
- Development experience across several platforms; mobile, console, and PC.
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this is the role for you!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.