QA Engineer - League, Epic Flex
As a Quality Assurance Engineer at Riot, we contribute to the QA process for our teams that make features on Riot's products. We work with teams of developers to create value for Players around the world. We are guided by Riot's Test Policies to do the quality activities at every stage of the software development life cycle that set our teams up for success. We partner with our teams to arrive at more efficient solutions to everyday problems and improve delivery. We are also tasked to work with other QA professionals, often remotely, to get our work completed.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer on League of Legends’ Player Immersion & Expression (PIE) team, you will be the quality owner for content and services produced for League of Legends’ in-game monetization and related content, such as skins, wards, emotes, and loading screen borders. As a quality owner, you’re responsible for ensuring that design intent is understood by the test teams, risks to quality are highlighted, and that your test teams have effective quality activities for your products. Quality Assurance Engineers typically report to a QA Supervisor or QA Manager.
- Map your team's work to quality targets based on product goals, while driving visibility on progress
- Hold fellow team members accountable for including quality as an essential factor in decision-making
- Conduct quality activities throughout the software development life cycle
- Report the metrics that matter, using data to guide action
- Help call out risks, impact, probability, and help plan mitigation
- Communicate progress of assigned tasks, and blockers to you and your team's work.
- Help improve product pipelines and workflows
- You understand what it takes to grow quality for a team, project or other diverse effort
- Experience Test Planning, execution and defect management with remote testers
- Experience working embedded with developers and content creators
- Experience creating custom reporting on test coverage and defect data
- 2+ years Software Quality Assurance Experience
- Development experience across several platforms; mobile, console, and PC
- Automated testing frameworks with scripting languages like Python
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.