Acting as the manager and mentor for test teams across multiple projects, you will use your deep understanding of development and test best practices combined with first class leadership skills to promote approaches which ensure quality across our teams, products and services.
Leadership & Business Focus
- Assess, audit, and improve test harnesses, test plans and test cases. Prioritize the areas of improvement and rollout a strategy that has aligned agreements and buy in from key leads/ stakeholders.
- Create a framework and system that can properly address our QA/QC challenges. Align and deploy our strategy that addresses the ability to anticipate, give clear feedback and responses as we iterate our games.
- Mentor your reports to ensure their growth as individuals and fulfillment of their potential as well as acting clearly to identify areas where support is needed.
Collaboration, Influence & Execution
- Create strategies and tactical approaches with production leads, our partners and studio management that provides flexibility of our processes and staff to provide QA support to the changing business needs.
- Closely work with Designers, GPP’s, Tech Leads, Product owners and Project Managers to prepare and schedule QA resources (ie: milestone, title gates, external & internal play tests, as well as codev mandate reviews).
- Ensure we have a clear strategy and planning to deliver project objectives
Quality Assurance & Management
- Drive cross-studio communication and information sharing, including acting as vision holder for QA.
- Establish and drive a culture of game testing that makes sense for game development or equivalent. Champion best practices for testing, testing processes and testing tools to ensure our teams are working as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Create and drive our QA playbook & framework. This will not only be the roadmap to our success but also the structure as a studio we will scale with, iterate, and optimize for to reach operational excellence.
- Designs test strategies using a variety of techniques, tools, and technologies. We entrust in you to select the appropriate methods based on defined objectives including cost, efficiency, effectiveness, and balancing available resources, uses information and business systems to support planning and tracking of activities.
- Drive and manage the forecasting as well as financial/ budgets for the QA department with the finance team.
- At least 8 years’ experience in management roles in total with strong QA foundation.
- Experience with AAA titles; from start to finish in a leadership role working alongside development teams.
- Experience working with development teams, managing multiple on site and external test teams.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with an ability to inspire others.
- Proven experience hiring, training, and mentoring other team members to build a strong team around them.
- Understanding of SCRUM/Agile and history structuring test teams to support these methodologies.
- Experience in bug tracking software and test case management software
- Excellent English communication skills both verbally and written.
- Experience working closely with build and release teams including use of version control systems
Nice to have
- Strong understanding of networking concepts and relevant testing requirements and tools for a multiplayer game.
- Experience using test automation systems (either off the shelf or custom) and involvement in helping define usage and drive adoption.
- Use of BI/Analytics in game development and relevance to testing and test coverage.
- Play testing and Usability testing experience including methods for capturing actionable data.
- Development experience on console, PC and other platforms are a bonus.
Ubisoft Philippines is a certified Great Place to Work ™ – our people always come first. We enable our teams to succeed in the world stage, where we are proud to take part in the most ambitious projects in gaming.
As our teammate, you will receive the best training, including overseas trips, mentorships, and access to online courses and resources covered by us. The workplace will be your playground, where you can fuel your creativity with free fresh fruits and snacks in the pantry, freshly brewed coffee, soft-served ice cream, and popcorn!
Work-life balance is important to us, which is why you’ll have a flexible work arrangement during the pandemic, on top of free physical & mental health benefits and more.
Come as you are. We value diversity and representation. We empower you to launch your own initiatives with our Diversity & Inclusion council composed entirely of volunteer employees.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.