Job Title QA Tester
Team: Quality Assurance
Location: SI HQ, Here East, London
Reporting to: QA Manager
We are looking for passionate individuals to join the QA team and help ensure our games are the best they can be.
Quality Assurance at Sports Interactive takes several forms, from specialised functionality testing to more player-centric playtesting and balancing, you will be assessing new and existing features, analysing data, providing valuable feedback, online customer support to our players; and much more.
The successful applicant will be expected to work across a broad range of disciplines, platforms and products including, but not exclusive to:
- Art and animation
- User interface / UX
- Gameplay / balance
- Research and data
- Platform and stability testing
We believe that good QA Testers can come from a variety of backgrounds; our QA alumni are represented widely both inside and outside of the games industry, as well as within the studio at SI. This is a fantastic opportunity though to gain and develop first-hand experience and career opportunities within the games industry.
This is a full-time, contracted role, based in our brand-new space at Here East, Stratford, with potential to work flexibly as needed as part of the role.
The contract will last until the end of March 2023 and is expected to start in July. You will need to commit to a 37.5 hour working week, working Monday to Friday, willing to start between 08:00 and 11:00.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Work independently and collaboratively to identify defects in the game
- Provide considered, insightful written and verbal feedback on gameplay, balance, and realism
- Compile clear, concisely written bug reports
- Test new features against design and verify fixes made to existing defects
- Follow structured test-plans, checklists and other tasks and activities through to completion
- Check builds meet the required quality and stability
- Provide post-release customer support to our online community via forums and social media channels
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A great attention to detail
- Highly adaptable
- An analytical, critical-thinking, curious and problem-solving mind-set
- High levels of initiative
- Strong communication skills, with a high standard of written English
- A high level of computer literacy
The following would also be highly desirable, although not essential:
- Familiarity with current or previous Football Manager, football and/or similar sports video games
- Exposure or familiarity with console, PC/Mac, mobile hardware and/or service platforms
- Professional testing experience (inside or outside of the games industry); including relevant certifications (such as ISTQB/ASTQB) where appropriate
- Prior academic experience in a relevant games industry qualification and/or relevant practical experience in one or more of the following:
- Games or UI/UX design
- Art and/or animation
- Data science
- Sports-related discipline (such as coaching, media)
We will be kicking off the interview process for this role in June, so please apply before 29/05/2022 to make sure that you are considered.
Understanding why you are interested in this opportunity is really important to us, so only applications with a cover letter alongside a CV will be considered. Let us know if you have a specific discipline of interest in your application.
You must have the right to work in the UK and be at least 16 years old to apply.
Sports Interactive (SI) is an ambitious development studio creating immersive sports management simulations. Since 1994, we’ve captivated a global audience of players with our iconic, BAFTA award-winning game, Football Manager. We’re a wholly-owned subsidiary of SEGA, having caught their attention in 2006 with our continuous critical and commercial success.
We’re a tenacious community, coming together at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London. Always expanding, the SI team takes on the gaming genre through a diverse array of disciplines. No matter how big we dream, though, we keep our approach (and your schedule) flexible, creating a relaxed atmosphere where collaboration can thrive.
We approach everything with passion, whether that’s leaving our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who works here.
We like our talent to be tenacious, so you can expect to surround yourself with other ambitious individuals bringing their A-game to many different disciplines. We know collaboration is the key to consistent improvement and encourage our people to truly realise their own personal potential.
We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you’re in. Above all else, we’re a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic that works and plays together. We have fun doing what we do and that’s one of the many reasons we’re one of the best places to work in the UK games business (Gameindustry.biz 2021 Large studio category).
If you want a positive work/life balance, we’re right behind you. While we live to create extraordinary games, we know that’s not all you’ve got going on, so you can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
Our flexible working culture gives team members the responsibility to optimise their workloads, with in-office, hybrid and remote working options. Even in countries where we don’t directly employ*, we’ll explore what’s possible via third parties and do our best to accommodate location preferences.
When you’re not here making the world’s best management games, there’s a top-class benefits package for permanent team members based in the UK including gym membership, private health, and dental care, plus many more perks. For permanent team members outside of the UK, we strive to offer equivalent and localised benefits. and proudly boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry.
*We’re able to directly employ in the UK, Ireland, France, Sweden and Finland.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.