Location: Hyderabad, India
Quality Designers are specialized in key domains of the QA process. Depending on the domain of specialty will work embedded within the Development organization or on a central/shared group, drive continuous improvement of the QA practice across EA and actively knowledge share across the organization, have a strong Quality from a consumer perspective, strong advocate and influencer in game design and implementation decisions.
- Drive quality verification efforts by providing technical and strategic direction based on collaboration with various disciplines.
- Own overall Test Strategy for the game, and test planning for each pack release.
- Partner with QV DD/DMs on game pack releases QV execution, Live Pods support etc, for meeting overall quality targets.
- Drive initiatives like Risk Based Testing, Data/AI-driven testing, etc.
- Partner with game development on Product roadmap, Feature readiness and Quality Targets.
- Own the Quality Engineering engagement and drive automation, tools & tech evaluation and adoption.
- Drive quality innovation collaborating with data analytics teams and harness the solutions to improve game quality and progress in project efficiencies.
- Network with Quality Designers in QVS across locations for sharing and learning practices.
- Test Strategy & planning, for the pack releases including various types of testing based on datadriven approach and RBT
- Test Execution & Implementation, with the ability to provide effective test coverage and find issues early in the cycle
- Research & Analysis, involving evaluation and anticipation of gaps in the testing process and analysis & use of test data for highlighting risks & impact.
- Reporting & insight, with the ability to validate reports and KPIs/metrics at the product level.
- Problem solving & Risk Assessing, with the approach of finding permanent solutions and averting risks in the future
- Tech implementation - driving tech changes including ability to identify scope, priority and RoI of automation.
- Game Domain knowledge, with inclination towards playing video games for driving E2E quality plans throughout the game/pack cycle.
- Project Management for planning and execution of test strategy and tasks using Scrum/agile process is nice to have.
- Proactive Decision making.
- Excellent verbal & written Communication
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 8+ years of experience in Quality Assurance, test planning and execution.
- Has strong understanding of quality assurance techniques, testing & automation frameworks and various test methodologies.
- The successful candidate should have achieved results like,
- Led the QA team for product development and have created end to end test strategy.
- Successfully executed the test plans through various stages/gates of the product development, final release and live releases/service.
- Dealt with complexity and size of the quality verification process, including change management without impacting the quality goals.
- Leveraged tools, tech, automation and data for test efficiency and optimization year over year.
- Successfully evaluated and adopted latest and best practices from other business units or the industry.
Electronic Arts is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company's game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets. EA has more than 275 million registered players and operates in 75 countries. The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile’s largest development organizations with more than 700 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, quality, production and distribution. EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law