Role Overview -
Quality Designers are specialized in main domains of the QA process. Depending on the domain of specialty will work embedded within the Development organization or on a central/shared group, promote improvement of the QA practice across EA and share knowledge across the organization, have quality from a consumer perspective, strong advocate and in game design and implementation decisions.
What you'll do:
- Promote quality verification efforts by providing technical and strategic direction based on collaboration with several disciplines.
- Build overall Test Strategy for the game, and test planning for each pack release.
- Partner with QV DD/DMs on game pack releases QV execution, Live Pods support, for meeting overall quality targets.
- Guide programs like Risk Based Testing, Data/AI-driven testing and more.
- Partner with game development on Product roadmap, Feature readiness and Quality Targets.
- Oversee the Quality Engineering engagement and guide automation, tools & tech evaluation and adoption.
- Improve quality progress collaborating with data analytics teams and harness the solutions to improve game quality and progress in project efficiencies.
- Network with Quality Designers in QVS across locations for sharing and learning practices.
- You will report directly to QV Development Director
What we are looking for:
- Test Strategy & planning, for the pack releases including multiple types of testing based on data-driven approach and RBT
- Test strategy implementation, with the ability to provide effective test coverage and find issues early in the cycle
- Research & Analysis, involving evaluation and anticipation of gaps in the testing process and analysis & use of test data for highlighting risks & impact.
- Reporting & insight, with the ability to validate reports and KPIs/metrics at the product level.
- Change management & risk assessment, with the approach of finding permanent solutions and averting risks in the future
- Tech implementation - driving tech changes including ability to identify scope, priority and ROI of automation.
- Game Domain knowledge, with inclination towards playing video games for driving E2E quality plan throughout the game/pack cycle.
- Project Management for planning and execution of test strategy and tasks using Scrum/agile process.
What you will need to be successful :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Assurance, test planning and execution.
- Have understanding of quality assurance techniques, testing & automation frameworks and multiple test methodologies.
- You have achieved following results
- Led the QA team for product development and have created end-to-end test strategy.
- Performed the test plans through multiple stages/gates of the product development, final release and live releases/service.
- Dealt with complexity and size of the quality verification process, including change management without affecting the quality goals.
- Used tools, tech, automation and data for test efficiency and optimization year over year.
- Evaluated and adopted latest and best practices from other departments or the industry.
You belong here at EA
Electronic Arts is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. Our game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets. EA has more than 275 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA's largest development organizations with more than 700 passionate game experts involved in game development, quality, production and distribution.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status.