Frostbite is our technology platform for diverse game franchises, being used by thousands of developers to create experiences such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. To allow our game makers to create fantastic experiences, they need high-quality tools which evolve over the years. This is where Frostbite Quality Assurance comes in.
We are looking for an experienced Quality Designer who will take ownership of a domain's test strategy and execution. As a Quality Designer you will oversee the quality process and become adept in testing the engine, alongside associated in-house or 3rd party tools.
You will work embedded in a development team, designing and implementing testing strategies, with special focus on prevention rather than reaction. You will work close to Software Engineers, and you will report to the Development Director.
- Provide testing for game features and development tools of the assigned game area
- Create task breakdown and estimates during the early planning stage of development for owned domain
- Use data and research into reporting and building test strategy
- Be the voice of quality for the product by providing design feedback before integration from a technical and end-user perspective
- Identify risks and dependencies, develop plans to reduce such risks, and build these plans
- Analyze features sets and identify opportunities for automation along with benefits, and communicate to engineers
- 4+ years of Quality experience, working with: defect tracking, test creation and execution, bug prevention strategies
- Experience working in an Agile team environment
- Experience with Jira or similar defect tracking and task management databases
What’s in it for you?
We want EA to be the ultimate destination to make great content and experiences. Everything we’re doing here is about creating a culture, environment, and company where you can do the best work of your career – so there’s that. There’s also:
- A health allowance, to cover the cost of private health insurance for you and your family
- Life and salary continuance insurance
- An employee assistance program, including coaching and therapy sessions to support your wellbeing
- An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers
- 5% annual leave loading – yes, we’ll pay you extra to take a break!
- Bonus end of year leave days – time off between Christmas and New Years, no annual leave necessary
- Volunteer leave and charitable donation matching
- A fitness reimbursement program – $$ to go towards your fitness expenses (memberships and at home equipment)
- Free EA games, of course!
We also offer bonuses and exciting EA stock options, as well as access to employee stock purchase program.
When it comes to flexibility - we're hybrid forward, so you'll have the opportunity to structure the way you work, to suit the way you work.