Quality Designer - The SIMS
Are you interested in joining Maxis, and in being part of an established & experienced team? We are hiring a Quality Designer for Sims 4! This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and work on one of the most storied franchises in gaming history.
You are passionate about making high-quality great games in a collaborative environment with a team of experienced professionals. You are experienced in game development, dedicated and eager about quality, and use technology and data to protect the player experience.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your resume!
Quality Designers are senior QA specialists responsible for developing processes for driving end-to-end quality across a game. You will improve QA practices across EA and knowledge share throughout the organization, see quality from a player perspective, and be the advocate in game design and implementation decisions.
You will report to the Development Director/Manager.
- Lead the Quality Verification efforts partnering with Dev Pods to deliver top-class content, steering the quality of experience.
- Identify areas where testing processes, data validation, communication, reporting and feedback can be improved to provide pipelines.
- Document reproduction steps, gathering test data and outputs, rebuild and test code and data fixes and produce supporting debug output to assist the whole game development.
- Verify fixes and manage bug reports to track game quality.
- Workflow champion in assisting the triage and prioritization of bugs with Production, understanding where to direct effort for most gain on servicing bugs and feature requests.
- Monitor the game builds, and follow up on fixes when we have issues that prevent the game from meeting quality goals.
- Partner with the Quality Engineering team to help identify technical solutions and automation opportunities.
- Partner with Data Analytics teams and develop data solutions to improve game quality through verification & validations methods.
- Derive and execute test planning through a Risk-based testing approach.
- Identify and report risks to the project.
- Collaborate and promote best practices across the quality organization.
- 5 years experience as a QA analyst/feature owner.
- Working knowledge of Test & Issue Management systems (e.g., JIRA).
- An enthusiasm for games and life simulation is a bonus.
- Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development.
- Experience working in a live service development model (i.e. sprints, releases, content deployments)
- Experience with automation frameworks, scripting, and advocating for automated test solutions