Quality Engineer I
About this Role
Fandom is growing! Our Quality Engineer I role is based in Poznan, and reports to our Manager of Quality Engineering.Our Engineering team is a fan of creating the best platform and digital products for fans around the globe.
In this role, you will be working with Fandom’s Mobile Apps team, which brings quality user-generated content to the mobile devices of hundreds of millions of gaming, TV & movie fans around the world, in a sleek and easy-to-use package. We love to experiment with new trends, we have innovation days during which we try the latest solutions and technologies. We put a big emphasis on automation; we utilize KIF, snapshot, integration, and unit tests that are run via Jenkins on our cloud CI.
As a Junior Quality Engineer you will help us build great mobile applications by performing manual and automated tests, learn how to implement and manage CI/CD systems to empower teams to deliver great quality product features at speed. You will work in an Agile team and participate in projects which will allow you to contribute your ideas and shape the final solution.
- Plan and create the test cases (both manual and automated) for one of our awesome teams
- Execute test cases together with analyzing results for test execution
- Identify, track and communicate defects
- Identify problems, propose and deliver new solutions to improve technical quality and process
- Automate integration and acceptance tests using tools like Webdriver, playwright, Jenkins. All of it to improve the development and release lifecycle of our applications
- Take an active role in brainstormings, plannings, and refinements, impacting new ideas for products we build
- Contribute to technical documentation
- Be a part of an Agile team together with software engineers, designers, and product managers to provide our audience with great quality, look and user experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Drive for learning and curiosity for pursuing new skills
- Experience in exploratory testing
- Basic knowledge of Web
- Problem-solving skills and an analytical mindset
- Knowledge of English at B2 level or above
- An ability to function in a dynamic and changing environment
- Experience with writing maintainable automated tests
- Experience with Continuous Integration, eg. Jenkins
- Experience with non-functional testing
Benefits & Perks
- MacBook Pro and all the gear you need for work
- Free access to a multitude of popular online courses and books sponsored by our company
- An on-demand budget for education, training, and conferences
- Company stock options
- Company swag packages
- Cafeteria Benefit Program (including private medical care, gym membership, shopping/wellness bonus, etc.)
- VTO (Voluntary Time Off) - a day off every quarter for volunteering non-profit
- Frequent team bonding events
- Flexible work hours & time-off
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by our company
- Open, energetic and fan-focused, international work environment
Fandom is the world’s largest fan platform where fans immerse themselves in imagined worlds across entertainment and gaming. Reaching more than 350 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms. Fandom’s Gaming division manages the online video game retailer Fanatical. Fandom Productions, the content arm of Fandom, enhances the fan experience through curated editorial coverage and branded content from trusted and established publishing brands Gamespot, TV Guide and Metacritic, along with its Emmy-nominated Honest Trailers and the weekly video news program The Loop. For more information follow @getfandom or visit: www.fandom.com.
Fandom is an equal opportunity employer. Fandom values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.