R&D Scientist – La Forge
As an R&D Scientist on Ubi MTL’s La Forge team, you’ll define what we research within your own area of expertise, narrowing our focus on topics that advance public knowledge and contribute to making quality games (and finding better ways to do so).
You’ll experiment through prototyping to bring about new innovations across the company – like enabling richer behaviour, more realistic characters, or deeper systemic environments, to name a few.
What you’ll do
- Define and develop our research topics within your area of expertise + help create internal training.
- Collaborate with other La Forge team members to develop proof-of-concept prototypes.
- Communicate progress within and outside Ubisoft by publishing papers, presenting at conferences, etc.
- Oversee and guide graduate students.
- Participate in recruitment to assess candidates for internships and full-time positions.
- Stay up to date on the latest academic advances & industry trends within your area of specialization.
What you bring
- A PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field
- A background in applied or basic research (in industry or academia) + the ability to lead research through standard experimental methodologies
- Hands-on experience in cutting-edge techniques like deep learning or algorithmic foundations of optimization
- Proficiency in C, C++, or Python
- A highly collaborative spirit + excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Curiosity, critical thinking, and resourcefulness (you’ll have access to data, game engines, and world-class experts)
- Contributions to public research (e.g. published papers in relevant venues like NeurIPS, ICML, ACL, SIGGRAPH, or GDC)
- Motivation to find solutions to real world problems related to the video game industry
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
La Forge: facilitating technical prototyping based on the latest academic progress
La Forge is a bridge between academia and video game production, between scholars and industry experts. Dedicated to innovation, we aim to accelerate research and development. Through prototyping, we help content creators build increasingly believable worlds and better understand our players. Academics and professionals, together, we explore subjects such as rendering, animation, AI, audio, and physics. Our mission: to tackle some of the biggest challenges in art and tech in gaming.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.