Realization Game Designer - AAA Project (W/M/NB)
Ubisoft's pioneering studio, Paris studio was responsible for the publisher's first successes following its creation in 1992. Today, it is at the helm of such must-have licenses as Just Dance, Ghost Recon and Mario + The Rabbids. Ubisoft Paris has also built a solid reputation as a partner of choice in cross-studio collaborations such as Watch Dogs, Skull & Bones, Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Star Wars. Building on this experience, the studio continues to push the boundaries of creativity by working on some very promising yet unannounced projects.
With 750 talents of 35 nationalities, Ubisoft Paris is today the largest studio in France and one of the most experienced in the industry. Young talents can benefit from the strong presence of senior profiles in the creative, technical or artistic fields. Everyone is driven by the same passion: to push the limits of what is possible and to offer new experiences to our players.
Ready to join the adventure? Join us at the Paris Studio!
In the Realization GD Director's team, you will contribute to the creation of visual briefs in order to explain the Gameplay functionalities or features of the different project teams. You will participate in their creation, from their gestation to their implementation in the game engine.
Your daily life will revolve around different missions:
- Participation in the designs and the audiovisual definition of design intentions and in-game production in collaboration with many teams (game design, animation, VFX, sound, modeling, programming, creative direction...).
- Creation of visual supports (storyboards, speed paint, photobash, video montages, animatics or 3D animations, 3D models, diagrams, mock ups, moodboards) to allow the various trades to represent the functionality / feature and to obtain a better consensus before implementation.
- Presentation of your ideas, diagrams and animations in different forms (powerpoint, video, visual board...) in order to distribute them widely to all the project teams who will rely on them for their next iterations.
- Participation and development of motion capture sessions for gameplay animation teams.
- Monitoring and integration of part of the functionalities / features directly into the game engine.
- In order to take charge of this position, you have mastered drawing and graphic design:
- Storyboarding, photobashing, speedpaint, mockups, video shooting
- Mastery of one or more visual communication tools (Photoshop, Indesign, After Effects, Premiere, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of one or more 3D software (Blender, 3ds Max or Maya) would be a plus.
- A good video game as well as cinematographic and audiovisual culture is essential for this position. You also have a strong sensitivity to game design.
- English is our working language, so you can speak and write it.
- Speaking French is a plus
/!\ Don't forget to add your CV, portfolio, website, or any other document needed to evaluate your profile
Joining us means having access from day one to :
Flexibility in your working hours and the possibility to work remotely under the conditions of the Ubisoft policy.
20 days of remote working per year from a European Union country (reserved for European citizens);
Our internal e-learning platform to finally train you on the tools you need so much;
Our game library where you can borrow the latest Ubisoft games, those of the competition, consoles and board games;
Our preferential rates on a wide range of shows, cinemas, concerts, sports halls, amusement parks, and many other good deals.
And after 1 year?
You have a career and development plan established with your manager as well as clear objectives that will allow you to progress and increase your salary each year;
You have joined one of our clubs : choir, yoga, tennis, lightsaber... Or you have created your own!
You take advantage of your 1.5 hour lunch break to take part in a class in our gym or borrow one of our bicycles to ride in the Bois de Vincennes ;
You look forward to the next surf/yoga or ski weekend organized by the work council;
You've gotten really good at foosball, rock climbing, Mario Kart or Just Dance ;
You've raided the clearance sale sale to complete your collection of Ubi goodies and games (because we never have enough);
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.