Recruiting Coordination Manager
As a part of the scaling Recruiting leadership team, you will be responsible for designing a high touch candidate experience that reflects the Discord culture and thoughtfully includes local cultural nuances. This requires close collaboration & partnership with a wide variety of internal partner functions like Recruiting, People Operations, Workplace, Inclusion etc.
In the role as a Manager, Recruiting Coordination & Candidate Experience, you will manage a team of talented, passionate recruiting coordinators and coordinator leads, providing leadership, direction and coaching. You will also build and implement creative and innovative approaches to our regional and global processes. You will work closely with Recruiting leaders and our Recruiting Operations team to help us achieve our hiring goals and create positive candidate experiences.
What You'll Be Doing
- Candidate Experience is why you got into the game - you're always thinking of new ways to delight and elevate!
- You’re an experienced people leader. You have the ability to build and manage a high performing team, create a strategy, and lead others toward a vision.
- You’re able to create a space that supports each person on your team to do their best work, and your team feels respected, expected, and included. You are able to meet people where they are and empower them to develop the skills to be successful at Discord.
- You forecast the needs of the business and plan resources to support the demand. You decide on and implement the right resource model to achieve hiring goals
- Assessing interviewer capacity and identifying barriers to load balancing
- You’re an expert at creating partnerships across Discord and within Recruiting. You have the ability to articulate a common goal, influence others to come together to align with the goal, and drive action to completion.
- Localize candidate experience to make a long-lasting connection to our candidates
- You love to optimize workflows, drive more efficiency and effectiveness and are exquisite at change management
- You are curious about the business, analyze trends in recruiting and translate it back to the coordination function. You use data as signals to seek to understand more, share opportunities, influence others and help inform your decisions.
You Will Thrive In This Role If...
- Experience leading and growing a team of recruiting coordinators
- Obsessive about delivering an exceptional candidate experience
- Strong project and program management skills
- New tools? No problem! You love to be on the cutting edge of a creative candidate experience
- Automation wizard - integrating systems together is your forte
- You have managed Recruiting Coordinator Leads
- You know some of our tool stack: Greenhouse, Goodtime.io, Discord, Zendesk
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of 145,000 / Year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law.
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of 130,500 Year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!