Release Manager, Amazon Games Live Operations
Apr 12, 2023
San Diego, United States
- 3+ years of technical product or program management experience
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- 3+ years of Games Industry Experience
Amazon Games is looking for a talented and driven Release Manager to join the live operations team. Are you passionate about advocating for the best customer experience through collaborative partnerships with various business teams? Do you thrive in a fast-moving culture where customer obsession and the ability to think on your feet are highly valued?
In this role you:
• Work closely with leadership and technical leads to determine when to deploy updates.
• Collaborate with our Quality Assurance team and producers to shepherd new builds through the release process and to our players.
• Constantly be looking for process and organizational improvements that increase efficiency and raise quality.
• Utilize your communication skills to effectively collaborate and influence peers and executives
Key job responsibilities
• Collaborate with Game Producers, Development Partners, Technology Leads and Quality Assurance leads to shepherd new releases through our release management processes and to our players.
• Collaborate with peers to continuously improve our release management processes so they are as efficient as possible and result in high quality releases with minimal emergency updates.
• Generate detailed workflow documentation that articulates how to release a new version of the game to the players. This documentation will allow other release managers, producers and testers to better understand and participate in the release management process.
About the team
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- Experience with GaaS (Games as a Service)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $101,700/year in our lowest geographic market up to $197,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.