Render Programmer [Star Wars Outlaws]
Your life at Ubi
Do you have a genuine interest in the visual quality of a game? Are you passionate about all the aspects of game rendering from asset workflows to shaders and the low levels of the graphics engine?
Do you enjoy optimizing and improving render code? Do you want to work with like-minded and highly skilled individuals? Join our Engine team in the Star Wars project to be at the leading edge of console development and work on one of the most important Ubisoft brands!
You will be for sure motivated by challenging and complex programming tasks and by our work environment.
The professional value you bring:
- Proven experience in the game industry and/or equivalent experience with games rendering techniques and interfaces;
- Strong knowledge of C++ and shader languages;
- Strong math skills including trigonometry, linear algebra, calculus, and mathematical concepts;
Nice to have
- Recent games rendering experience (PC and/or consoles);
- Strong debugging skills, understanding of memory management, multi-threaded coding;
- Experience with profiling and optimization (including hands-on experience with tools such as Razor, PIX);
- Experience with large game engines and complex pipelines.
The personal value you bring:
- Good level of English communication;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment;
- Time-management and organizational skills.
What do we offer benefits wise?
- Meal tickets with the value of 20 RON/day
- Studio offered free days, confirmed on an annual basis for different events
- Bonus scheme based both on individual and company’s performance
- World Class Bronze free subscription
- Access to private medical system and special subscription rates for family members
- On site medical support
- Life insurance
- Specific financial support for different events in your life
- Study leave
- Christmas/ Easter celebration with a special gift
- Partners’ discounts
- Video games and consoles to borrow
- Access to Ubisoft games via own Uplay account
- Annual development opportunities and access to multiple career paths and technical certifications
- Access to specialized training and books on various related skills
- Opportunities for international mobility and assignments
- Wellbeing program (including physical fitness, mental health, financial education and internal communities)
- A great working environment, with an impressive place to work in our offices in Jiului 8
- In-house free French classes
- Hybrid work (from home/ from office)
- Bookster (borrow books for free, delivered at home or in the office)
- Free fruits and coffee in the office
- On-site cafeteria with special discounts
- Ubisoft bikes, free rental
- Parking spaces for cars, bikes, motorbikes
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on any basis, such as race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, health status, age, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different.
We are committed to providing a safe and respectful working environment and foster learning and creativity.