The Snowdrop engine is one of Ubisoft's proprietary engines; efficient and flexible, it enables smaller teams to create ambitious AAA games with it's dynamic and interconnected system, making it very intuitive.
At the core of the Snowdrop engine, we want to empower the developers; giving the artists, the designers and the animators have full control over the engine to achieve their ideas and vision.
The Snowdrop engine has already helped develop a number of Ubisoft titles such as The Division and South Park. Now with Snowdrop VR there are AAA project, waiting for your expertise to help craft the engine that will bring their games to the next gen VR.
What You'll Bring
As our new Rendering Engineer you get the opportunity to create the technical backbone of the game and production pipeline.
Through a focus on visualization related technologies, from low-level to high-level, you provide all the development teams with technical solutions to produce and carry out their vision and intentions into the game. You'll therefore be an essential part of the studio allowing the worlds we build to become a reality.
You will develop engines, tools and systems to ensure optimal and sustainable performance of the game and pipeline.
- Excited by the possibilities, you'll focus on making our games shine on VR
- With your knowledge, you'll provide and maintain the technical foundation for visualization features that assist our VR productions in creating memorable experiences for our players
- A pioneer; you'll research, design, implement and maintain graphics modules with a strong focus on VR, performance, target platform budget and reusability
- You'll get to work on multiple platforms and areas such as rendering API's, asset processing, terrain and other environment systems, lighting and special effects such as post-processing and particles
- Optimisation is challenge you love to accept? You'll maintain and extend the existing graphics frameworks, safeguarding and improving stability and performance
- As someone passionate about working with teams; you'll be helping them to realize their game vision while maintaining the time, frame and memory budgets
- With your analytical mind, you'll identify issues and improve performance and memory footprint of graphics and pipeline features for all target platforms
What you bring
- Strong C++ experience
- Experience with current rendering APIs (e.g. DirectX 12, Vulkan, Metal)
- Knowledge of industry standard CPU and GPU architectures
- Good knowledge of advanced mathematics
- Solid understanding of multi-threaded rendering architectures
- Experience in working with existing game engines
- Good English oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience, or passion for, VR/AR techniques is a plus
What we Bring
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com/snowdrop