Rendering Engineer - VFX Team - Frostbite Engine
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
We are looking for a Rendering VFX Engineer to join the Frostbite team!
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Rendering Engineering, you will be part of the VFX cell within the Frostbite rendering team, driving the technology forward to power future titles and push the boundaries of visual quality in games.
In the VFX team you will work on the Frostbite effect system and our GPU particle system. You will also be able to work on our participating media system and the sky and cloud systems. Through close collaboration with the programmers and artists across EA game teams you will develop state of the art rendering techniques and complex VFX features. You will have an impact on each game by connecting gameplay and rendering to make our game worlds come alive.
- Develop the VFX systems for multiple AAA games
- Work with game team engineers and artists to improve new VFX features and develop our tools and workflows.
- Improve the runtime and pipeline that moves our VFX systems.
- Undertake performance profiling and optimization on multiple platforms
- BSc degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Real-time computer graphics knowledge
- Real-time simulation knowledge
- C++, design, and software architecture skills
- Profiling and optimization skills
- Math skills
- Experience with VFX.
- Experience with Participating Media, Sky or Cloud rendering
- Physics and Fluid simulation
- Knowledge of one or more CPU and GPU architectures
- Console development experience
- C# and Tools development experience
- VFX knowledge in one or more 3D art packages: Houdini, Maya, Flow