Rendering Software Engineer (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
Reporting to a Technical Director, as a Rendering Software Engineer you'll work in Respawn's proprietary engine, propelling it into the future of Next-Generation consoles, for Apex and beyond. As an important member of our growing graphics team, you'll be trusted to scope, design, and implement rendering features, having control and building mastery over the rendering engine, the pipeline and the tools. You'll work with artists and game designers to empower them to achieve their goals, and you'll have opportunities to adapt, introduce, and improve new graphics technologies to give our players the best possible experience.
- Write C/C++ code, with a deep mid to senior level Graphics knowledge.
- Work with designers, artists, and animators to design systems and make something great.
- Fix tricky bugs.
- Identify and deal with issues before they blow up.
- Contribute to and improve all aspects of a game.
- Experience making and playing games.
- Extraordinary C/C++ skills.
- Interest in all parts of the codebase, and making really solid Graphics.
- Console programming experience.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
- Experience with large code bases and ability to work on code that you didn't write.
- Experience optimizing code and data to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
- 4+ four years professional experience as an engineer on a game team.
- Nintendo Switch Console programming experience