Ubisoft Philippines is looking for experienced Riggers who will collaborate closely with the art and animation teams to maximize efficiency of rigging and skinning characters, props and vehicles in a realistic style. He will also work on the integration and optimization of rigs in the engine.
The main and routine tasks of the Rigger are to:
- Carry out the rigging and skinning of the characters, props and vehicles to meet the needs of project animators and of the technical and artistic directors
- Recognize proper mesh topology as well as repair and/ or give feedback to the art team
- Create and use tools as well as run modes to produce the best possible results and incorporate them into the project’s game engine
- Along with the modeler and artistic/ animation director, develop rigs so animators can create high-quality animations in an optimal way
- Ensure a nomenclature that is in keeping with project norms and selection sets in the master scenes
- Implement a skeleton control system to foster/ simplify the work of animators
- Ensure that the final result (rigging/ skinning) meets the artistic standards of the project
- Carry out all other related tasks
- Preferably with 5-10 years of experience in animation, films, video games or equivalent
- Skilled in Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Maya and Motion Builder
- In-depth knowledge of human anatomy
- Good knowledge of the following scripts: PyMel, MaxScript, Python Proactivity around rig and skinning problems inherent to animation and video games
- Good knowledge of the Inverse Kinematics and optimal pivotal points
- Excellent collaborative spirit within a team environment
- Manages his/ her own time and works within deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
To all applicants: Kindly upload your cover letter, CV and portfolio.
Our top priority are our people: Ubisoft offers a world-class working environment that facilitates collaboration, open communication, and fun.
We ensure our team receive the best training, regularly sending them to trips to other Ubisoft studios around the globe. We work hard, but we play hard too. With our monthly events, parties, regular video game tournaments, music and sports clubs, you can bet that we’re serious about fun!