Rigger [Splinter Cell]
On being a Rigger at Ubisoft Toronto
As a Rigger at UbiTO, you make it possible for characters and objects to come to life and move realistically within our worlds.
From pivoting to bending, squashing and stretching, you define what can be done and how through flexible and intuitive rigs. You take inspiration from the real world when you can – and turn to your imagination when you can’t. With a variety of internal tools at your disposal, you can focus on achieving quality and consistency without having to build everything from the ground up time after time.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
What You’ll do
- Collaborate with the art team to understand the overall game vision + rigging and skinning needs.
- Study concept art and research your own references.
- Rig and skin characters and objects while staying organized (keeping your scenes clean, following naming conventions, etc.).
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints with the help of technical directors.
- Partner with character modellers to troubleshoot models when need be.
- Work closely with animators to make models move believably and overcome any motion-related limitations.
- Iterate to improve your work based on feedback from interdependent teams.
What You’ll Bring
- A college diploma in 3D Animation or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
- At least 1-3 years of experience in rigging, modelling, animating, or other related experience
- Knowledge of 3D software such as Maya, 3DS Max, and MotionBuilder
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, MAXscript, and JSON
- Knowledge of game engines
- Solid understanding of anatomy and cloth
- Excellent observation, problem-solving, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A highly collaborative, creative, and innovative spirit
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
- Motivation to reach out for feedback and adapt to it
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A demo reel with a breakdown of your best work – seriously, show us your process! Attach samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
What You’ll Get
- A hybrid, flexible work model
- Six weeks of vacation
- An enhanced parental leave program
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Package:
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Relocation Assistance
- Bonus (If Applicable)
Life at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our individuality helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
When you’re a member of our team, your professional development is a priority. You’ll have opportunities to be challenged, learn and grow in your role. Pushing the boundaries of what’s possible within game development while working with Ubisoft’s most powerful technologies – from game engines to performance capture and more. Annual performance reviews and salary increases will help you further your career and grow with our studio. We also offer hybrid remote work options, six weeks of vacation for all employees, an enhanced parental leave program, a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training and career development.
We celebrate the big and small moments together – with virtual events, get togethers, giveaways and more. In addition to our “right to disconnect” philosophy, the studio offers a variety of health and wellness initiatives including yoga, an on-site gym, flexible work hours, and other programs to create a better, sustainable work environment for our teams.
We encourage you to read our Code of Conduct prior to applying. It is our collective responsibility at Ubisoft Toronto to maintain a respectful and inclusive work environment, and be the best possible place to work and grow. Knowing and respecting our Code of Conduct’s principles and guidelines is key to achieving that goal.
At Ubisoft Toronto, we believe diversity is our studio’s biggest strength. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of our player community, is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team and embodies our core values – trust, integrity, excellence and care.
We encourage applications from First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQIA+.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for?
Ubisoft Toronto is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please